Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on my new suspension in the front and i have horrible death wooble. Does anyone know what i need to do to fix this.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Did you get it aligned after? Also check the track bar bushing for tightness and wear. Bad track bar bushing are very common and can cause even more problems on a lifted truck. Start like this. Is the alignment right? Are the wheels balanced properly? Are your ball joints in good shape? Are your track bar bushings tight and in good shape. If your bushings are bad you might want to look into a adjustable track bar from Thuren or Carli (exactly the same). Also make sure your tires have even pressure.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i havent got it aligned yet. I am going tomorrow to do that, the truck is basically new the bushings shouldnt be bad but i will take a look at it in the morning.

·
Registered
541 Posts
If everything looks good then an alignment will solve it. Tell the alignment tech that you want a touch more caster than the specs call for. This will help with high speed stability. And if the Kore kit doesnt address the track bar, I would still look at getting an adjustable one. The added lift will accelerate the wear on the crappy stock bushing causing problems later on down the road

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i thats what i am going in for to address my caster angle.
I am in the market for an adjustable track bar sometime in near future. How much do they run.

·
Registered
541 Posts
$350-$380 depending on who you order it from. Don Thuren makes the track bars and sells them on his own and also through Carli Suspensions. Don is a really good guy and he can answere all your concerns about DW. Check him out at thurenfabrication.com or just email him at [email protected]. I never understood why Kore doesnt address the track bar on its lower end kits. Right now I bet your truck frame is pulled 1-2 inches to the pass. side over the axle. With your tires pointing straight ahead, your driver side tire will be sticking out more. Im sure its not that big of a deal but with the weight of the Cummins and the added stress of even a small lift, Im not suprised when people say they have tire wear issues or handling problems.

·
Registered
315 Posts
If everything looks good then an alignment will solve it. Tell the alignment tech that you want a touch more caster than the specs call for. This will help with high speed stability. And if the Kore kit doesnt address the track bar, I would still look at getting an adjustable one. The added lift will accelerate the wear on the crappy stock bushing causing problems later on down the road
X2 a track bar is a must:thumbsup

·
Registered
199 Posts
Any lift on one of these trucks causes the front axle to be pulled towards the left (drivers side) by the stock track bar. Even if the bushings are tight and new, and even if the alignment is done and there is no more wobble, you will still notice that the tire sticks out a little farther on the left side. The preload on the track bar bushings will accelerate their wear, and the truck will react strangely over bumps. I would speculate that it accelerates wear on the control arm bushings too since they are being pulled unnaturally off center.

I say get the track bar, no matter what. Thuren's is the best, and the most expensive as far as I know. It's the only one I'd buy. I think an adjustable track bar should be a part of any lift on these new Dodges, even just levelling, IMHO.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I could be wrong here but I have an adjustable track bar (KOREs) and I still find it extremely hard to get the axle perfectly center.... How did everyone do it???

·
Registered
541 Posts
I could be wrong here but I have an adjustable track bar (KOREs) and I still find it extremely hard to get the axle perfectly center.... How did everyone do it???
There are a couple different ways to do it. You can use your sway bar end links as a guide. Basically eye ball the angle of the links and adjust the bar till the angles are even on both sides. You can get it really close that way. If you want it perfect then you can do it like I did. Get your front tires as perfectly straight as you can. Make sure both front tires have the same pressure. Remove the track bar. Using a straight edge (I used a 4' level) against the side walls of the tire, measure the distance from the top middle of the tire to the edge of the fender opening. Without the track bar in place you can simply push the truck back and forth to center it over the axle. Once you have it as centered as possible, measure the distance from the top mount to the bottom mount, center of hole to center of hole. Then simply adjust the track bar out to that measurement and install it. Its a little more time consuming than the eye ball method but its worked for me on numerous track bar equiped vehicles.
By the way, is there any chance you could post the pics of your black KMC Enduros. I've only seen the aluminum ones on a truck and I've been wanting black rims for a while but I dont know how they would look on a Dodge. Thanks!:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Adjust it to 39"-39 1/16". You go too far then you will hit your coil bucket w/ the trac bar mount on the driver side. Even if it's a smidge off.

I have mine at 39" even and never a problem. Measure bolt eye to bolt eye.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
$350-$380 depending on who you order it from. Don Thuren makes the track bars and sells them on his own and also through Carli Suspensions.

:lol3: They are being built in Carli's shop :beer

Bob

·
Registered
541 Posts
My bad. I got mine from Don and I thought I remember him saying that he built them for Carli. Guess I was wrong. In any case its pretty much the exact same bar. Well, except for the color. My buddy bought his from Carli and its black while mine from Don is silver.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Don was making them for Carli for a time so you are kind of right.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
:lol3: I speak in present tense :beer

·
Registered
590 Posts
newbie question. Pan rod bar by Carli, is the ajustable track bar right?? Wanna make sure im ordering the right parts:)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Rumor has it that KORE has a new solid adjustable trackbar coming out soon for 3rd gen trucks. Just wanted to throw that into the mix.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
good cause im about to ORDER A KORE and want the whole thing so my truck is straight on those 4 wheel drive launches..dont wanna end up sitting cussing the front driveline out

1 - 20 of 21 Posts