Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 06 3500 has death wobble and was wondering if anyone knows a fix for the death wobble?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mixed bag of parts

More pages of problems and cures on this site than a guy can count. The real cure is Dodge building a real frontend and standing behind the product they build.

My cure was a combo of parts. I had the DW after installing a leveling kit. I did a Steering Stabalizer from Solid Steel and a adjustable track bar from the same company. Others have done the same with positive results and some needed more parts to cure it.

Possible cause.

Sloppy trackbar bushings
Worn Ball joints
Weak tires
Worn shocks
I am sure there are others with more ideas for a cure.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
About how much is a mod like you got except the leveling kit? I already got the leveling kit.

·
Registered
568 Posts
track bar bushing was the cause of mine, I have a PCS steering box stabilizer also

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Get a steering box brace (you need one - $100) and then replace the bushings in your track bar (Geno's garage - $40). this will go a LONG way toward helping the problem. then the other stuff will come but do these first.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Get a steering box brace (you need one - $100) and then replace the bushings in your track bar (Geno's garage - $40). this will go a LONG way toward helping the problem. then the other stuff will come but do these first.
How easy is it to do these repairs?

·
SuperModerator
10,611 Posts
Had 1st Death Wobble on my '03 on June 20 this year with 103k miles, 4 times in 150 miles. A new Rancho Steering Stabilizer and the same air pressure in both front Tires fixed mine. Tried to make it happen by hitting potholes and changing lanes at 75-80 mph, nothing. Been 500 miles and still fixed... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
How easy is it to do these repairs?
Dirt simple. An hour or so for the steering brace. A couple of hours for the track bar bushings.

Less than a 6 pack for the whole job! lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts