Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All i've been getting RAGING death wobble ranging from anywhere from about 10-50 mph at any point in any time after installing a 2.5 inch leveling kit. Can anyone help me on this please?

It seems like the front end is a tad bit higher and has no pressure on the front. I was thinking If i installed a 1.5 leaf over in the rear it would help stop the death wobble. Any help?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Man i dont have a lift but i read A LOT

from what ive read... these trucks suck when lifted even worse than stock. its the steering components and suspension stuff under there that causes this. again i dont have a lift and im debating on whether or not to level it at all... if it do im gonna do it right and replace all of the steering components. they say if u level one its best to get all the other suspension parts with it... cant honestly remember what else... maybe somebody who has the same problem as u will chime in... probably be best to do a search on death wobble theres a lot of pp having the same problem and fixing it with different parts... some with new stabilizers..

·
Tennesse Chapter President
1,614 Posts
From my personal experience with this. I have replaced the steering parts, ball joints, shocks, stabilizer, bearings. And still had it. Took it to 2 alignment shops. The first one adjusted the camber and toe-in only (said that was all they can adjust on these). The second, adjusted the eccentric arms to adjust the caster. This solved the problem.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My truck did the same thang except mine did it when i was going 90mph. It was a crazy ride!!!!! I fixed it by replacing the steering stabilizer witch is about 60-70 dollars from Rancho... If you are running bigger tires then you should get a dual stabilizer for about $200. I have replaced three on mine and so far the Rancho has lasted the longest. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
399 Posts
if the only thing u did was put the levelling kit on go get an alighnment at a good shop itll fix u right up

·
1,614 Posts
are those ecentric arms the swing arms that are 4 of them ?
Yes. The bottom have adjustments. Is your track arm bushings good as-well? The 2nd gen trucks were bad about that.

·
1,614 Posts
When I had mine done, he said he would adjust those to see if he can get enough caster. Just for a little info, ask your alignment shop how they adjust caster?? The first shop I went to said something about using offset ball-joints to set caster (this is false).

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alrighty thanks lap... thank you everyone... So I retorqued everything... i'll get an allighment soon. so much can i be expecting to spend on this.

·
1,614 Posts
My alignment here in Tennessee was $45. Call around, but make sure you ask if they adjust caster. Most places here charge $30-35 but no caster adjust.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
A real common problem is the track bar. Convert to the 98.5 and later design if you want it fixed for good. I put a Lukes Link on mine and it needs new shims every month or two thanks to the horrible Chrysler design. Also if you havent already, get a track bar bracket, that will really help out on all the angles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts