Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys,

I know I read in here somewhere about someone having some problems with their 07.5 and the dealership not being any help and they had contacted another party (cummins? dodge quality folks?) that actually flew out to inspect the truck and whatnot. Problem is that i can't find that thread.

Here's the story, I have a buddy who is leasing an 07.5 and he's had all the same problems that i've read in here about the CEL's and fuel mileage and whatever else became a problem with the 1st group of 6.7's. Anyway, he says that he just got done with arbitration and they are denying allowing him out of this 3 year contract as he is already a year into it and continues to have these problems. I am trying to get this information to him, however I am having one heck of a time finding that contact information.

Could someone pass that information to me so I can pass it on to him? I think he's going to need it sooner then later.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I don't know if I can provide exactly what you're looking for but I can say this: Have him take his truck to Burt Dodge at Lincoln and Hwy 83 in Parker, CO. So far they've been able to correct every issue I had in one trip. Your buddy also needs to make sure he is running only ULSD fuel, no fuel additives, and using cj-4 oil.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info, MtnTrucker, i'll let him know. I checked with him to verify the fuel, additives and oil and he informed me that Boulder only has ulsd, he has never ran any fuel additives, and the oil he's using is whatever the dealer that he bought it from uses...which I would assume is the Rotella T formula.

I guess he went through arbitration to get out of the lease and they denied him and now it's binding, so in short, he's stuck for 2 more years on a truck that don't run? I don't know, i think that's wrong and I would fight that...but thats just me. He's pretty easy going and he'll probably dump the thing for a Furd at some point. Sux, but when your cornered, what options do you have, you know?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts