Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the oil & filter changed because I can come up with the money easier than dealing with the days of pain after crawling under the truck.

Anyway, my dilemma is a $3.50 charge for "COOL/GEAR DISP" and now my coolant recovery is overfull.

Is this a common charge now days?

Total bill was $79.10

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Just tell them to remove it. If you didn’t ask for it to be done then they did it for free. I would also demand the drain the res to the proper level. Why would they touching the coolant for an oil change.

But you did go to a dealer so that’s your fault bud. It’s like parking in a bad neighborhood when you didn’t have too and then complaining your truck got broke into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
295 Posts
It sounds like a charge for "topping off fluids". Do you know if the topping off was part of the oil change? When you looked at the coolant tank was the engine cold or hot? This can make a difference in the fluid levels of the coolant tank. Check the tank when the engine is cold (overnight).

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"But you did go to a dealer so that’s your fault bud." I enjoy looking at new vehicles while I wait.

"Check the tank when the engine is cold (overnight)." Yeah, I know when and how to check fluids. Thanks

·
Registered
891 Posts
Dealer service charge sounds low for a 'Stealership'. And oh yeah, wonder what kind of oil was used?

·
On call 24/7
12,394 Posts
They probably put dexcool in the tank so they will get another visit from you too.

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I concur with most here.

I would never take my truck to a dealer for the simple fact that the mechanics who work there couldn't get hired at a real shop.

The guys who know how to wrench aren't found at dealerships....

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
And make sure you check the oil level after it sits an hour or two.

I used to get $50-60 coupons for a dealer oil change but everytime the they changed my oil it was over full by half a qt.
Pita to drain just 1/2 qt.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Overfull is better than what the Dodge dealership did here a week ago. I’m friendly with some of the guys in parts and they told me about this story. Guy came in with his new 2019 Ram 3500 diesel for the first oil change, and instead of putting in 12 quarts of fresh 10w-30 he got a surprise. They drained the oil, changed the filter, and called him to come get it. He drove it a mile down to the gas station and it started running bad. So he checked the oil to find the dipstick oil free. Dealership towed it back for free and offered to right their wrong by filling it up with oil. Supposedly the guy agreed and then left.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Did his payment of the invoice clear the shop of any wrongdoing? Like the waiver contract that you unknowingly enter into when you sign and pay at the trampoline park, or ziplines?

Dealerships exist to make money, not serve FCA and commit to honest customer service.

Still think a dealership rant, praise, and otherwise fake news forum needs to be created.

o wait, never mind.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts