Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I schedule my truck to take to the dealer for an alignment and an engine stumble/ shake that occurs at 1300 rpms. They call me and tell me it is done today around 11 am. I pick it up at 6, to find a scratch/ dent on my door. Size of a quarter. Was never there before. I tell the lady at the service department she says she will tell the service manager in the morning. Next up, they charge me 95 dollars to check for codes. With a scanner. That in my opinion is a complete rip off. Anyway, since there are no "codes" they tell me my truck is fine and they can't recreate the problem. -I'll drive it till it breaks.

The last thing that pissed me off completely is I drove my truck down the road and it still pulls to the right. THEY CHARGED ME 95 DOLLARS FOR AN ALIGNMENT.

Seriously, I could have thrown 210 dollars out the window, and taken a hammer to my door and I would have the same effect as taking it to the dealer.

I am going there first thing tomorrow morning. I will tell them to fix it on the spot, if they don't do that I will demand a refund and If they don't give me a refund, I will threaten them with my attorney. (Sister)

Think that is fair?

It's no wonder american cars are taking such a fall, there are a bunch of retard monkeys pounding on them with pipe wrenches. Well, at least at the one dealership I went to.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Make sure you keep your cool, but I agree with you. However its a flat rate to hook up a computer to a vehicle's on board diagnostic pretty much at any service place. The exception to that would be parts stores.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I will agree that this does suck but just like Bluedually4x4 said, keep your cool. Believe me I have learned the hard way but I know now it doesn't pay to get loud with a dealership. Just be calm and talk to them it may pay off in the long run.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
:agree2: Also all of the mechanics are "retared monkeys banging on thisngs with a pipe wrench"....more than one person has the keys to your truck ofver the course of it's day there, and for your pulling issue i'm not saying it's fixed but have you considered road crown? :confused013: I would be upset aswell but you might want to calm down a bit

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took it to the dealer. They agreed to repaint my door. They fixed my alignment. It drove straight for the short time I could tell. Now my power steering pump went out today. God damn I am pissed now. 36 k miles. And the Power steering pump just goes out? That means no brakes and no Power steering. I'm lucky I didn't crash. Think the alignment could have messed up the pump? I really doubt it....

So I've been riding my bicycle to work. It's a good work out.
I am so frustrated I had a family plan to go to the beach for memorial day. Guess not now...

·
Banned
5,591 Posts
I took it to the dealer. They agreed to repaint my door. They fixed my alignment. It drove straight for the short time I could tell. Now my power steering pump went out today. God damn I am pissed now. 36 k miles. And the Power steering pump just goes out? That means no brakes and no Power steering. I'm lucky I didn't crash. Think the alignment could have messed up the pump? I really doubt it....

So I've been riding my bicycle to work. It's a good work out.
I am so frustrated I had a family plan to go to the beach for memorial day. Guess not now...
I find it curious that often times after one of my vehicles goes to the dealer (happens much less now as I learn to do more myself) that something just mysteriously fails prematurely soon after leaving the dealership? Sabotage?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know right

Doesn't 36k seem a little early for a steering pump to go out, the DAY after I got it out of the dealer for an alignment that I had to have done twice? Now that is some HIGH coincidence, or someone really messed up my truck.

·
Registered
352 Posts
idk i hate the dealerships, got an 03 and my throttle cable has a kink in it, somehow i have not clue how it got kinked. anyways take to dealership told guy i have the cable # and told him how the ends looked like. after the third one is ordered it is finally right. thing is i am told i have an 02 crank case on my 03 and its made for an auto. i know that dodge used some 02 parts on 03s but the dealership didnt think so and was just no help at all.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I'm done taking my truck to the dealer.They put on new power steering pump and reservoir, and gear box on because metal shavings went through all of that. Hydroboost was okay. I popped the hood to find coolant all over my air filter box and they forgot to put my cap on the power steering reservoir, and forgot to close the cap on coolant bottle. I was freaking out trying to find a cap off a bottle to fit when I looked up and saw my new cap sitting on the battery. Glad it didn't fall off on the way home. Seriously, how do you forget that?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts