Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to the dealer to get a gallon of their 'special' $26.00 a gal antifreeze :shock: cause the level was below the marks and I wanted to fill it to a point I could monitor (they said some droppage is normal, just watch it and if it continues to drop - let them know).

Anyways, the reason I wrote this. Apparently the new news is to run the EB all the time. They say the higher temps produced by running the EB help to clear out the DPF.

Just passing what I heard... I do know it sure has an amusing effect on the 'traffic weavers' that insist on flying around the traffic in any given direction. When I slow down, more than one did a hard brake next to me cause I surprised them :lol4:

· Registered
1,334 Posts
wow, you'd better get to another dealer..quick! not only did they rape you on coolant, but they told you the EB clears out the dpf. that is totally incorrect info. running the EB helps clear out the turbo by blowing soot out and preventing soot buildup. so it blows the soot out from the turbo, and where do you think it goes?? that's right, your DPF. so, if anything it contributes to more regens due to more soot accumulation in the dpf, which is better than sooting up the turbo. don't get me wrong, i am all for running the EB all the time. I do it myself. but now all of the soot on my truck exits the 6" tip at the rear of truck as it should!

· Registered
1,334 Posts
as much as i hate to admit it, i use Global coolant from.......Wal Mart. I avoid that place like the Plague, but it's the closest place to get a few things. Global (not Peak Global), but Final Charge Global meets Cummins, Cat, Detroit Diesel, Mercedes and others specs. here is a link. oh yeah, it runs about $9 or so a gallon. i have used it in the last 3 or so of my trucks with no issues.

Final Charge Antifreeze Home Page

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like those prices much better. Thanks :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.