Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Dealer DONE pis*** me off!

21885 170
Well I got a cel again, can't remember the # but it was for dpf performance. I took it to the dealership and left it there and the next day the service manager called me and told me that they were going to void my emissions warranty because SOMEONE drilled a small hole in the bottom of my dpf filter. I immediately drove down to take a look and sure enough there it was, about a 1/8" hole with soot leaking around it, the manager said that he heard that was a performance mod and therefore the warranty is void. I looked at him and said that was a copout and they drilled the hole so they wouldn't have to ever see my truck again for dpf problems. Needless to say it got really ugly in the shop and I thought I was going to end up in jail. I can't prove that they did it nor can they prove that I did it. Has anyone else come across this same situation I would like to hear about it.:banghead:
1 - 20 of 171 Posts

· Registered
1,056 Posts
lol, sounds like a Dodge tech... Notice I didn't say CUMMINS.. Thats why I dont ever go to a dealership, not even if my chit broke would I go there. If my 6.7l ever craps Im doing a 12v swap, lol

· Banned
28,330 Posts
1/8" hole drilled is a "performance mod"?? :hehe:

Damn. Here guys spend all this money on turbos and programmers, when they coulda just drilled a tiny hole in the exhaust:doh:

If they do nix the warranty, just be happy your issues are over with. Ditch the DPF and EGR and youll never have another problem.

Oh, and find another dealer. Thats bullchit

· Registered
347 Posts
If you think a 1/8" hole = power you should see the extra 50HP I got from cleaning all the BLACK SOOT off my bumper! :hehe:

Stay away from stealerships they are the DEVIL!
:thumbsup:

· Registered
179 Posts
Mine is on the dealer now for the same DPF performance thing (P2002). As soon as it gets back, the DPF is coming off. I am done with the dealer too..

· Some-Sho Some-Go
1,650 Posts
Typical Stealership BS. Hate to hear that man. Just bite the bullet and do the deletes!

· Reconnaissance Expert
1,718 Posts
They can't just Void your warranty on the spot. Corp Dodge has to do that. They can run it up the chain but the service manager doesnt have the power to just void your shiz. Fight it dude. Take it to the top before they can. Get every big wig of that dealer involved and go higher than that if you have to. THen hopefully you will get a whole new system then go home order a DPF & EGR delete and a smarty/xrt and then let your worries sale away

· Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The manager even had the balls to tell me that the exhaust clamps were loose and that someone might have been trying to steal my exhaust system!!!:hehe::rof:hehe::rof I told him I couldn't even pay someone enough just to take it, they would be doing me a huge favor!! I ordered all the deletes from James at rsd. that same nite.:thumbsup: I think I will go ahead and return their 2010 compliant exhaust system once I take it off, right through their showroom window.:stirpot::shock::thumbsup:

· Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Well you need to tell him to go out on the new car lot and void all the warranties on all the trucks out there with a 6.7 because they all will have the same hole in them, it's called a weep hole for condensation. And you need to :spank: the next time you see him!!...:thumbsup:

· Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well you need to tell him to go out on the new car lot and void all the warranties on all the trucks out there with a 6.7 because they all will have the same hole in them, it's called a weep hole for condensation. And you need to :spank: the next time you see him!!...:thumbsup:
Weephole? plz. tell me more........ pics. would really help! Thanks!

· 06 Cummins
1,598 Posts
I'd raise he!! with Chrysler before doing any mods so someone can see that your truck is UN-molested. Dealerships are onthe line these days, yours is TOO STUPID andneed to go.

CD

· Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Larry H. Miller chrysler in Albuquerque N.M. They were really great the first seven times but I guess they all got tired of seeing my azz in there.

· Trusler the Hustler
678 Posts
Well I got a cel again, can't remember the # but it was for dpf performance. I took it to the dealership and left it there and the next day the service manager called me and told me that they were going to void my emissions warranty because SOMEONE drilled a small hole in the bottom of my dpf filter. I immediately drove down to take a look and sure enough there it was, about a 1/8" hole with soot leaking around it, the manager said that he heard that was a performance mod and therefore the warranty is void. I looked at him and said that was a copout and they drilled the hole so they wouldn't have to ever see my truck again for dpf problems. Needless to say it got really ugly in the shop and I thought I was going to end up in jail. I can't prove that they did it nor can they prove that I did it. Has anyone else come across this same situation I would like to hear about it.:banghead:
Rudedawg, dont let them feed you that crap...i was wondering the same thing for a while on my dpf filter, i have the same hole drilled in mine....but my filter is long gone anyways but really, that hole was drilled in mine too, im not quite sure what it is for, but it is definitely something a dealer did or came stock on the truck like that.... dang im pissed i dont still have mine, id love to take pictures of it and be able to shove it in your dealers face then do a burn out like i did at my dealers!!
plus i had been to several dealers for work on my truck...in different areas, none of them said anything about the hole in the filter!

· Registered
2012 RAM 2500 SLT Regular Cab
468 Posts
Weephole? plz. tell me more........ pics. would really help! Thanks!
Makes sense but I never seen a wheep hole in my DPF thats usually in the muffler. Maybe the tech was looking @ the muffler and thought it was a DPF!!:rof:hehe:

· Registered
179 Posts
Its freaking pathethic..They are giving you $hit about a problem they created themselves. That is AFU!!

· Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Makes sense but I never seen a wheep hole in my DPF thats usually in the muffler. Maybe the tech was looking @ the muffler and thought it was a DPF!!:rof:hehe:
The hole is in the second cannister from the front of the truck, is that the dpf or the cat? The muffler is the last one closest to the rear end.

· Registered
50 Posts
The storm drain hole is usually on the outlet of the AFM (aftertreatment) device, depending on the OEM stack position. There should be absolutely NO HOLES in your DPF. So make sure is not on the DPF.

· Registered
50 Posts
The hole is in the second cannister from the front of the truck, is that the dpf or the cat? The muffler is the last one closest to the rear end.
Can you get the part number off it?
Not really familiar with the Dodge pick ups.
I can tell you which one it is by the "C" P/N it should start with a "49..." should be 7 digits. "C" stands for "Cummins Emissions Solutions".

1 - 20 of 171 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.