Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine has A518 he's selling for $700 bucks. It has a suncoast converter, valve body work done, clutches (not sure of the type) but it has some miles on it. 20k is all though, so I'm looking for your honest opinion. Trans is being sold because he did a 5 speed swap. Is it a good deal? Thanks

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I would say that is a pretty good deal if you have a 727 and want an O/D tranny. I would save up for a built 47RH though.

·
I bleed Diesel
2,507 Posts
If you are going to stay with auto i would give 500 if you trust him. i would go with a newer lock up trans tho if i were to stay auto. I did a 5 speed and i LOVE IT. auto sucks lol he has a 518 if he has a 93 dodge

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I don't have a 727 my truck in a 93. My tranny is getting tired and needs some help. I dont have the place or time to swapping a 5 speed or 47RH. If that's the case I'd rather save my money or sell my truck to get a newer one. I just thought it was a decent deal and I could have a spare to build and sell.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
No I don't have a 727 my truck in a 93. My tranny is getting tired and needs some help. I dont have the place or time to swapping a 5 speed or 47RH. If that's the case I'd rather save my money or sell my truck to get a newer one. I just thought it was a decent deal and I could have a spare to build and sell.
I should've been more clear. To someone with a 727, wanting an O/D trans it would be a good deal. I wasn't saying you had one. :thumbsup:

If yours is geting tired, and you can't have your truck down while the tranny gets built, then I think this is a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry should of read ur post a little better. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
253 Posts
the torque converter cost more than 700, i'd jump on that deal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.