Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know if it was retail for retail, the general consensus around here is for the smarty. Here is where it gets interesting.

Friend of mine had the twin to my truck, ordered the Edge w/ Attitude - totaled the truck & never installed it. I can buy it for 1/2 price.

I was going for the smarty, but for 1/2 price can I go wrong? I am no rockafella so every dollar can go towards another mod! With the extra money do I stack something else & make even more power?

I like the idea of having the edge juice attitude gauges in the truck. Help! What do I do? If I order the Smarty I just need to order the Bullydog harness to run the outlook from my tripple pup & i'd have gauges again. So many choices to make power in these things!!!! Biggest thing I need to do is correct the spedo - the 37's are way off on the MPH.

Preciate' any & all information - I was all set on the smarty till I got this phone call!!

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Buy the edge. I was in the same situation. Guy only had the Edge w/Att. in his truck for like 3 months and got rid of truck. I got the whole thing, pillar mount and all for like half price. I was gona go smarty also, but couldn't pass the Edge deal up!! I like having the gauges right on the Attitude monitor. Plus I'm not doing anything more to the truck, so the Edge works out great for me.

Basicaly, buy it. If you decide later to go smarty, sell the edge for what you have in it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are happy with the performance of the Edge though? I'm 99.99999% sure thats the way i'm going. Like you said, If I don't like it put it on eBay & get my money back. Can't get hurt.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Aren't there a few of you guys that stack the Smarty & the Edge Juice w/ Att.?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
You are happy with the performance of the Edge though? I'm 99.99999% sure thats the way i'm going. Like you said, If I don't like it put it on eBay & get my money back. Can't get hurt.
Yeah. Very happy with it! I really like the simplicity of it. I'm not all into downloading updates and all that crap for HP. That's kinda why I went with the Edge over the Smarty. I just want it simple. Turn it to whatever level I want and go. Granted, the smarty is probly a better unit, because it is more involved, but overall, I'm very happy with my Edge. Especially having the built in gauges.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the Edge /w Attitude on my '05 and I really like it. I did send it in and have it upgraded to the "Hot" for free (sort of, need to pay $35 for a membership to Turbo Diesel Register.) Right now, I don't even use the "HOT" level 5. The EGTs get high really quick with the stock turbo, but at least the Edge de-fuels when the EGT temp gets too hot.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got my edge juice today w/ attitude today - i'll install it tomorrow. I'll post up how I like it! Truck now has the Bullydog set on "extreme" so we'll see if its any different. I don't have the hand held or the outlook so I can't change anything.

Atleast with the edge, I'll have my Pyro & gauges so I can see how hot the motor is getting so I don't melt a piston or 2.

The truck screws right now so i'll be curious how much different the edge is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts