Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 211,000 mile 2000 Ram 2500 with a 5sp.

I just had an airdog installed by the local dodge dealer, along with some suspension parts I didn't have time to install. I don't have the edge with attitude back in yet, so no realtime pressure monitor.

On the way to work this morning my truck started missing and dropping in power and in several hundred RPMs at idle intermittently. Sometimes running smooth, sometimes running like crap.

I was close to work, and have a long commute, so I pushed on and it died in the parking lot at my yard.

It was throwing P1688 and P1689 codes, but I cleared them after cleaning the battery connections and it ran fine for a while with no issues and didn't throw any more codes, so I figured I was good.

Thoughts guys? I am going to have to rent a truck this week for work now, since I use my Ram for oilfield use. Thanks in advance.

It is -10 here in Colorado now, and the truck was warm, however, with the 100 series airdog on it, I am concerned that I my have killed the truck with my new fuel filters due to waxing or water in the system.

·
Rescue Tower
10,826 Posts
Need to know the fuel pressure. Its possible the fuel clouded in the finer filters but hard to tell without knowing the fuel pressure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts