Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my truck die on me today pulled up to a light and____________dead:banghead:. I'm thinking this isnt a Chevy why is it doing this. Dealer towed it off tells me it is the lift pump. They will have to replace it, Says it used to be mounted on the back of the filter cannister now a new line set will be installed and it will be mounted in the tank. does this sound right to yall. any collateral damage i should be worried about. Any info wood be great.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
do not let them put your LP in the tank............ unless they are doing it for free....

if you ever want to upgrade the LP system to one that will actually last, then you don't want the in tank pump in your way.

if you are footing the bill i would suggest getting something a little more reliable than the stocker. like Airdog, FASS, BD, or walboro..

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Being done under powertrain warranty. can i still add the airdog 100 later

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
yeah you can, but i'm not sure they work well pulling through the in tank pump, so you'll prolly have to do the draw straw too..

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
if it's warranty, then by all means let em do it, just know that if / when you do decide to upgrade it will be a little more work for ya. and that even the intank pumps suck. and will die at some point.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok an upgrade for a latter time. Is there something I can do to prolong the life of new pump I have read about additives or 2 stroke oil (any power or mileage gains either). Dont know if any of that applies to my generation/fuel system.

·
Cummins Freak!!
623 Posts
Being done under powertrain warranty. can i still add the airdog 100 later
no you will have to put a draw straw in i would recommend just doing a airdog or FASS now and save the trouble later just my .02

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
broke right now just bought a Lift Kit haven't even got to put it on yet.

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
i don't know of anything to prolong the life of the LP, besides maybe keeping the filter fresh. 2 stroke won't help it any.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts