Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002, 2500 ram turbo (5.9 C). When I drive the truck for 10 -15 min I start to experience a dead throttle. In other words, when I accelerate nothing changes not even the RPM gage. It does maintain the current power and RPM. I have a fuel pressure gage that shows no loss in pressure. I have 60K miles. I have changed the fuel filter, with no change. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Try the APPS I think that will be your problem. Do the key trick and get the codes

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new here, joined because I also have a (dead throttle) problem. Mine started months ago and has been very intermittent. I recently had the truck (2002, 2500 4X4, auto tran.) serviced at the Dodge Dealer in Cottonwood AZ and only mentioned the problem in passing because as it only happened about once a week. Did the computer test; it indicated a faulty injector pump. $2400.00. He cleared the error code and wanted to check again in 2 or three days. I left and the dead throttle problem was continuous, almost every time I pushed the accelerator, for the next 24 hours, then back to an intermittent problem. I tow a 5th wheel RV and do not have problems when towing or when running with the overdrive off. I wonder why the clearing of the error code seemed to make such a difference and if a bad injector pump could be an intermittent and long time problem. We are full time RVers and have driven the rig 4500 miles, about 1500 of that with the 5th wheel since I first encountered the problem! Any comments???
Thanks
Rspence

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Do a forum search for "lift pump" and take the findings VERY seriously and do something RIGHT AWAY. FASS, Airdog or my pet Carter. Ounce of prevention, even if it's too late it will save your new injection pump.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
try you MAP sensor if it plunges the engine into defuel mode it will feel like dead pedal. Thats what happened to me anyways, I could maintain speed on the highway, but it wouldn't accelerate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts