Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently acquired the dreaded dead pedal. I had my truck scanned for codes a few hours before, and came up with 2 MAP sensor codes, one being voltage to high, the other voltage too low. The first thing that came into my mind, was the VP44. I cracked the #1 injector line at the head and found fuel shooting out with great velocity. I gather that this eliminates a failed VP44. MY question is, Can a map sensor cause dead peddle?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had that problem with my 04 work truck, and it was the trottle position sensor assembly, about 500 bucks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had this problem with my 02. I figured since my apps was probably bad I couldn't hurt it any more. I adjusted the voltage and reset it and I havent had any more issues since. Sure beats spending 500 bucks on a sensor! :peelout

·
Registered
381 Posts
After installing a XZT+ on Monday I threw a P0237 that afternoon, cleared the code with my scanner.. code came back today, scanner would not clear it and now I have a dead pedal as well.

Replaced my LP in January..

I'm going to check the map sensor connection now.. this does not explain why my OBD scanner could not clear the code???

·
Go for Broke
6,694 Posts
i would also try a APPS re-set

·
Registered
381 Posts
its been raining all day.. I will check the connections in the morning. Apps reset also in the morning.. however what would cause my obd2 scanner to not erase the codes?

·
Go for Broke
6,694 Posts
if the code is being set all the time i believe it will not clear....as soon as it is cleared it will reappear....from what i understand

·
Registered
381 Posts
it could be the connections.. maybe some moisture got up in there today in the rain.. who knows..the dead pedal out of the blue is throwing me off..

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Try the APPS reset and clear the codes...

If the dead pedal comes back and the codes are present you going to need a APPS sensor. Dodge Dealer Only Part! :thud:

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Went out this morning. checked the map sensor where it plugs into the qzilla harness.. it was just hanging in there.. unplugged the XZT+ and just connected it back to the block.. code cleared.. runs like it did before. Problem solved.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congrats to you!!!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts