Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since the introduction of the wireless accelerator pedal, know as fly by wire--on the other Ram sites this is reported as a problem and no go when you need it. A few of the 3rd gens but mostly the 13's and 14's.
I searched this on here and found no complaints about this happening.
As I under stand it, this happens when you want to accelerate to pass or get going from a light and there is no rev from the cummins. Its just dead, a few seconds later it might go. Chrysler is working on the problem but has not as of yet found a solution.
Has anyone experienced this problem? If its here I could not find it.
Thanks for your input.

·
Devil Dog Diesel
2,760 Posts
UmmmM

Not quite sure on this "Peddle?"

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I take it you guys have not heard of this problem.
And, accelerator peddle is what it is. No I am not selling as stated.
Thought I would just through it out there but obviously it has not came up on this forum yet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Take a look in the 2013 section there has been quite a few complaints about this happening over there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ped·al1
ˈpedl/
noun
a foot-operated lever or control for a vehicle, musical instrument, or other mechanism, in particular.
a foot-operated throttle, brake, or clutch control in a motor vehicle.
each of a set of two or three levers on a piano, particularly (also sustaining pedal ) one that, when depressed by the foot, prevents the dampers from stopping the sound when the keys are released. The second is the soft pedal ; a third, if present, produces either selective sustaining or complete muffling of the tone.
MUSIC
each key of an organ keyboard that is played with the feet.
MUSIC
short for pedal note.
verb
verb: pedal; 3rd person present: pedals; past tense: pedalled; past participle: pedalled; gerund or present participle: pedalling; past tense: pedaled; past participle: pedaled; gerund or present participle: pedaling
move by working the pedals of a bicycle.
"they pedaled along the canal towpath"

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First of all thanks for the education lesson. I always use the built in spell correction, and don't often question it. And this word is spelled different ways , depending on how its used.
Also thanks for the link to the the DP problem. The search should have taken me to it. But didn't. You guys have done a lot on your own to find a solution through your conversations. I read all 5 pages that was there.
Good luck on getting the fix to make a great truck even better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2014 diesel and yes I have that same problem. Been to dealer 3 times in 23k miles and comes back every time...NPF no problem found. Even reported it to Chrysler in one of their surveys. They said take it back to dealer. Did...same thing. For me, it is not a problem on takeaway. But, when you are trying to change lanes to get out from behind someone who has pulled in front of you from on ramp running about 25mph and the rest of the traffic is moving at 60mph...yes it is dangerous.

·
Steers with the throttle
650 Posts
I don't know why so many call it a "dead Pedal". It's torque management and delay as decided by the computer.

I don't like it either, but that is the way Chrysler programmed it. So, until we get a programmer for the 2013-14 models, we'll have to live with it unless Ram decides to tune it out with an updated flash.

I don't see it as a malfunction, or a "dead Pedal", it's computer programming.

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
I don't know why so many call it a "dead Pedal". It's torque management and delay as decided by the computer.

I don't like it either, but that is the way Chrysler programmed it. So, until we get a programmer for the 2013-14 models, we'll have to live with it unless Ram decides to tune it out with an updated flash.

I don't see it as a malfunction, or a "dead Pedal", it's computer programming.
.........it's computer "dead Pedal" programming..............:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts