Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 99 5.9 24v I just got a week ago and I just replaced the apps on it and now I’m getting dead Pedal at random still and getting codes p0122 and p0234. I know code p0234 is over boosting so I went to look at my waste gate and I do not have one on this turbo at all, I’m not sure if that’s normal to not have one or not. But idk how to fix this issue.

· Registered
1,859 Posts
The instructions should have been on the box.

· Registered
26,174 Posts
Did the sensor just have a plug in it or did it have a pigtail inches long". If it is a Timbo (with pigtail) It is not adjustable.
If it has no pigtail you look at the plug and find pin3 and insert a probe in the wire to pin 3 and adjust by rotating the sensor by loosening the torx screws on it. Adjust to .500 to .529v or whatever is written on the old one or on the ECM.

To do a Reset after adjusting the apps:
Disconnect al batteries,
turn key and leave on while disconnected at least 30 minutes,
turn key off and reconnect batteries.
Cycle key to ON three times , leaving it on the third time,
Slowly depress the throttle to the floor and slowly release once.
Turn key off.

Start and drive at will.

When reconnnecting clean all battery terminals to perfect shiny metal to metal connection. Check cable for corrosion.

· Registered
26,174 Posts
Ps. while workng on it did olur rev it up high and let off quickly? Doing that can cause an over boost condition and code.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did the sensor just have a plug in it or did it have a pigtail inches long". If it is a Timbo (with pigtail) It is not adjustable.
If it has no pigtail you look at the plug and find pin3 and insert a probe in the wire to pin 3 and adjust by rotating the sensor by loosening the torx screws on it. Adjust to .500 to .529v or whatever is written on the old one or on the ECM.

To do a Reset after adjusting the apps:
Disconnect al batteries,
turn key and leave on while disconnected at least 30 minutes,
turn key off and reconnect batteries.
Cycle key to ON three times , leaving it on the third time,
Slowly depress the throttle to the floor and slowly release once.
Turn key off.

Start and drive at will.

When reconnnecting clean all battery terminals to perfect shiny metal to metal connection. Check cable for corrosion.
Okay the only one doesn’t have anything written on it and the new one didn’t have instructions so I didn’t know the correct voltage to set it to

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ps. while workng on it did olur rev it up high and let off quickly? Doing that can cause an over boost condition and code.
No it threw the code after I’d get dead pedal and I’d tap the throttle 2 times to get it back, so if it would come from letting the throttle off quickly then it would make sense it’s throwing a p0234 bc of the dead pedal.

· Registered
26,174 Posts
Most dead pedal is due to dirty or bad battery terminals. So the new apps is not a Timbo?

· Registered
26,174 Posts
Not familiar with that brand or its quality. Should be adjustable like I said though.

· Registered
26,174 Posts
They do not have the Wells(WVE) anymore. I would look at their Standard with bell crank for 139 bucks if the one he has woes not work out.

· Registered
26,174 Posts
They are still available elsewhere but not at 10 cents on the dollar. Autozone Duralast is the same.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts