Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
The light will probably go off. Mine did this as well. Its when the slider in the apps/tps wears out and the contacts can't feel the slider touching them anymore, then it throws a code and puts the truck in limp mode so to speak. Just replace the apps/tps sensor, there about 100 bucks or so.
Alliant AP63458 Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor (APPS)

·
Registered
626 Posts
no as far as i know they are the same sensor. I have an 04 3500 with an automatic and i used that exact sensor that i gave the link to. You might have found the one where the whole assembly comes (sensor/bracket/cables). I just replaced the sensor on mine and it worked.

·
Registered
626 Posts
okay i appreciate it. ill be doing this on next paycheck. being in college i cant get in nearly as many hours as i want in work so ill have to wait till next pay check. dead pedal in a intersection isnt very fun tho. thanks for the info
Haha, yeah i am in high school and its hard to afford stuff when your paying for fuel and working part time. I remember one time i got stranded leaving the approach of my local tire shop and i had some people stuck behind me for a couple minutes until the truck decided it wanted to go again.

Reactions: Tylercho

·
Registered
626 Posts
Lol sounds about right hah. Here is a different video that shows it better and is shorter and more to the point. At 1:55 is where i just swapped sensors and calibrated it with the foot pedal like he does later in the vid, i didn't take those cables off or anything i don't recall.
APPS or TPS Sensor Change on a Dodge Cummins - YouTube

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.