Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Dead Adrenaline!

1058 Views 15 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  jason
Well after ten months of trouble free issues with my Adrenaline module, it finally died. Pulse monitor will not turn on as well. Cleaned and wire brushed the battery post and contact posts. Checked for power and continuity at my adrenaline module, there was both. I bought my Adrenaline last July, is it still under warranty? Also checked the fuse as well.
Thanks,
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2,139 Posts
been hearing more and more bad things about the adrenaline think i will be sticking with my edge for the time being!

· Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE
Quads customer service was hit and miss.
Yes, the unit was warrantied and fixed promptly once unit arrived.
However, it took three days to get my Return Merchandise Number, or RMA for short.
I kept getting told that the "girls" had all my information and an RMA # would be sent to me any minute. Well three days later I called and was able to get my #, sad part being that I had to give them all my information again. Also I repeatedly asked quad through both emails and phone that I did not want my unit shipped back UPS they rape us Canadians with so-called brokerage fees. Jeremy assured me that my unit would be shipped back USPS. However someone F'D up and shipped UPS. Surprise surprise I was stuck with a 38$ Brokerage Fee. I believe I should have had not to paid anything to get my unit fixed under warranty.

· Registered
274 Posts
Dang i just ordered mine tuesday from Gus, it anint here yet and this isnt very good news when im fixin to get mine, makes me scared.

· Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

· Registered
1,207 Posts
Ive only had one problem and that was the monitor, they will fix it and trust me customer service is awesome

· DieselAutoPower.com
7,491 Posts
Ive only had one problem and that was the monitor, they will fix it and trust me customer service is awesome
Guess both of those are subjective to how difficult a problem you have. I tried being nice and helpful following all their requests. But after getting lip service with no resolution, I've just decided to live with a device that doesn't function correctly. Rather than deal with customer service that doesn't follow through. I know some people were getting upset about the number of posts I had in the Q&A thread. But I feel quad should strive to make things right. Not me to have to call every other day with no resolution to any of my issues. Just more "hey try this, we don't know what else to do".

· Premium Member
1,240 Posts
That is because you seem to be able to come up with stuff that NO ONE can duplicate, including us on our test trucks or test benches.

How would you like me to fix something that I cannot get to break to start with?

You get your truck to TX and I can promise you 110% that every single thing will work just like you want when you leave or I will pay for your trip here. Heck, I will give you a complete 2nd Adrenaline/Pulse setup to have as a spare or to sell.

I just cannot fix something that does not exist. Now, it might exist on your truck but, if I cannot get it to happen using your module and no one else has it happening, I am going to have a hard time fixing it?

Also, last I heard your warm up mode and high idle were working and the last thing you were working on was the Trans Slip % monitoring?

· DieselAutoPower.com
7,491 Posts
That is because you seem to be able to come up with stuff that NO ONE can duplicate, including us on our test trucks or test benches.

How would you like me to fix something that I cannot get to break to start with?

You get your truck to TX and I can promise you 110% that every single thing will work just like you want when you leave or I will pay for your trip here. Heck, I will give you a complete 2nd Adrenaline/Pulse setup to have as a spare or to sell.

I just cannot fix something that does not exist. Now, it might exist on your truck but, if I cannot get it to happen using your module and no one else has it happening, I am going to have a hard time fixing it?

Also, last I heard your warm up mode and high idle were working and the last thing you were working on was the Trans Slip % monitoring?
Go read the thread. There's a local guy with the same idle speed issue as me.

Plenty of people complain of the button issue as well on the pulse. And for the last time, I'm not sitting here punching buttons on it all the time. The thing is left in PL02 all the time. Only time I touch it is to change something as requested.

Work/family life wouldn't allow me to head to DFW over something like this. Or I'd certainly take you up on the offer to get the issues worked out.

And as I last stated about the trans slip, it's in no way an accurate representation so I'm not worried about it. (That's not your fault, as I stated in the past)

Coolant temp was the last thing I noticed, but I understand the limitation. I just want the 1200rpm idle speed (Which as I've stated in the past worked absolutely fine with my Quadzilla XZT+) to work right, And a better quality pulse button. If those two can be worked out, I'll have no issues. Unless it melts down, pulse display dies, or repeates it's kill the engine on warm up issue again.

· Registered
1,076 Posts
I got the button problems and the screen going out every now and then but stays on the same power level. But I've gotten used to it. I need to send it in for the FP stuff too.

· Registered
1,420 Posts
Sell your box, they are probably working on something else and when they do, like the XZT+ forget about things getting solved. Just live with it with all of it's bucking, shorting, killing, and whatever other "ing" I did not mention. I'll never do Quadzilla again. I have had better luck with Banks than Quad. and that's just wrong.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.