Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 98.5 4x4 Dually with 4 inch turbo-back straight,S&B intake and Edge Comp. What would a set of these injectors do for me? Stage 1 im thinking just wanting somthing a little extra and wondering if these are a good investment they seem to be a pretty reputable brand.Thanks!

·
Go for Broke
6,694 Posts
DDP make good stuff

are you planing on up-grading the Turbo?

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
I put DDP2s (75 HP) in my 98.5 a couple of weeks ago. With the performance program on my Superchips it will break the tires loose if I trounce the foot feed while rolling in second and make the tires cry if I do it rolling in third. Cruising without a trailer on the highway the EGTs have come down 100-200 degrees. I have not had a chance to check the mileage but everything else being equal the lower EGTs (caused by the injection cycle finishing earlier in the power stroke so the effective expansion ratio is increased thus increasing the thermodynamic efficiency) tend to indicate that mileage will improve if I drive sedately. :w: From what I have read the DDP1s and 2s improve most people’s mileage.

If I get on the pedal before I have 10 PSI of boost it blows some black smoke (Superchips fueling ahead of boost) but if I watch myself and don't load the engine before the boost comes up smoke is not a problem.

I have only run stock and these DDP2s but I like the DDP2s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts