Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. My truck is in the shop right now. Thought my actuator was going out so ordered a new one from DDP I had the (U010C) code. Truck went to the shop to have the turbo cleaned as well and discovered my turbo is shot. So with that being said I am now getting a new turbo installed $2800. Crossing my fingers it’s done early next week.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
That said, you do not have to delete "ASAP" to prevent it form happening again. Couple notes... on running emissions intact (stock)

1. use the EB as much as possible, it helps keeps the turbo actuator moving freely
2. do any required emissions service onto if not early, never late. (not sure what the 13+ services are, my 08 is ever 67k)
3. Yea the emissions stuff will make the turbo go out faster than emission free, but you still should get good life out of it.
4. don't baby the truck, running hard is hot, hot is clean. Baby it and it will soot up faster.
5. of course your turbo is "shot" you took it to a shop, easy money for them. Did you see it yourself?

anyone got any others?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No talking about deletes since its illegal.

That said, you do not have to delete "ASAP" to prevent it form happening again. Couple notes... on running emissions intact (stock)

1. use the EB as much as possible, it helps keeps the turbo actuator moving freely
2. do any required emissions service onto if not early, never late. (not sure what the 13+ services are, my 08 is ever 67k)
3. Yea the emissions stuff will make the turbo go out faster than emission free, but you still should get good life out of it.
4. don't baby the truck, running hard is hot, hot is clean. Baby it and it will soot up faster.
5. of course your turbo is "shot" you took it to a shop, easy money for them. Did you see it yourself?

anyone got any others?
Yes I did see it myself, the guy that owns the shop also works for me as well. The veins will not move what so ever and are seized.
I just bought the truck about a month ago. It’s a 2014 with 110,000 miles on it now. The previous owner was a older man that I’m going to assume never used his exhaust break and also never drove hard hints why I’m at the point I am.
I have also been having issues with my egr valve bank 1 being stuck.

also with that being said it’s a “off-road truck”.

·
Super Moderator
22,518 Posts

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Yes I did see it myself, the guy that owns the shop also works for me as well. The veins will not move what so ever and are seized.
I just bought the truck about a month ago. It’s a 2014 with 110,000 miles on it now. The previous owner was a older man that I’m going to assume never used his exhaust break and also never drove hard hints why I’m at the point I am.
I have also been having issues with my egr valve bank 1 being stuck.

also with that being said it’s a “off-road truck”.
Doest matter if its "off road" or not, still illegal. vendors telling you its legal for off road use are lying to you :|
Bummer about the turbo. I don't think 110k for a turbo replacement running stock is totally out of the ordinary. I think a lot of guys get more, but it depends on how it was treated good luck with it. If its staying emission intact make sure to keep up the emission services stickily, if not early.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I bet the old guy knew there were problems brewing!

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
I bet the old guy knew there were problems brewing!
you can usually tell when the turbo is clogging up on ya so my guess is yes haha

@Medic404 I wonder, is there a port and brass plug tapped onto the turbo? a sign if this has been a problem before, a dealer tried to fix by cleaning the turbo via a drilled hole. Were they doing this on 4th gens still?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts