Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any expeirnce with the 50 hp ddp injectors. My milage is not worth a darn

Before I did some upgrades- I have a Bullydog Tripledog programmer and strait pipe. I would get consistant 17-18.5 mpg. Then my injectors went out.

My setup now is- 50hp ddp, AFE stage 2, Bullydog Tripledog programmer, and airdog 150. and Im getting 13.5-15 at best. It doesnt matter were my programmer is at, it doesnt seem to smoke excessively.

Just wondering if anybody has had similiar issues.

Thanks

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
I have heard nothing but good things about the 50hp DDPs, mileage and power are good.

When you replaced them did you replace all of them, just the nozzles?

Have you checked the oil for fuel?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I havent had any signs of fuel in the oil, I sent in a oil sample and it didnt have any signs of ether. I havent had any low rail pressure codes. I didnt put new jumper tubes in when i installed them so i want to do a return test.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I put my air dog on I was having really high lift pressure I had to put the lightest spring in and drill my return T-fitting in the tank filler neck to get my lift pump pressure down to 18psi. Could the CP3 be back feeding fuel some how.

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
Any chance your just enjoying the 50 extra hp? (not trying to be a smart-arse)

Not sure on the feedback from the CP3... Seems odd at the pressure thou, did AD help you troubleshoot?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry didnt reply yeah I called them and they said that they have had issues with the return fittings they have now are to small so I had to punch out the fuel dirrector flap thingy lol in the return t in the fuel filler neck. But its been a couple months since ive talked to u and Ive had to replace my tranny and Im still only getting 14 at best I have tried all kinds of cruising speeds and it doesnt seem to help. Im running a bully dog triple pup and the milage doesnt seem to change much on any setting. Ive checked to make sure that nothing in the drive line is locking up.

·
Registered
211 Posts
have u checked mileage with out the bully dog( actually pulling the program out)?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have DDp 50's with a 62 on 35's and get 17, highway, city, lease roads.

love them.

·
Registered
240 Posts
i get 13 mpg as well with my ddp 90s stock, smarty tnt, smarty revo, bullydog dont matter never changes much lol

·
Registered
562 Posts
I get 19 on the highway, pen and paper.:thumbsup: I love my DDP's but even with a 62/71 they can still get my pyro up to ~1,500 with the TST on.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yeah, mine runs hot to. I don't know how people run bigger than 50's with a 62.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Acyually no I havent I have just tried running it on stock and it didnt help much at all. But Ill try it. Ive heard that some common rails the forth injection is a injection to cool the egt is that true and would mine have that

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
I'm 99.9% sure there is no fourth injection.

I'm also 90% sure the third injection event is to raise EGT's to keep catoletic (SP???) convertors and dpf's cleaned out

If you have a 04.5+ you will have the third injection (so I'm told)

Reactions: Ronbob

·
Registered
562 Posts
Yeah, mine runs hot to. I don't know how people run bigger than 50's with a 62.
I know 2 people with 62 that get moderate EGT's with 90's.. One of them has an aftermarket intercooler and water/meth on a SPS 62 and the other is running industrial's silver bullet. (62/74 I believe?)

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
I had a set of 75's for awhile (a little more than I wanted) EGT's were high if I was pushing it.

Never saw any drop in MPG, 12-13 towing, 15-17 combind daily driving. Got 19 once on a trip to FL.....70 MPH constant....Yes it was hand calculated on 2 tanks....Haven't seen anything close since, cause I'm always pulling the horse trailer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok ill try taking the tuner off and see what I get. But on the third injection I was told that the smarty turns that off which u think would help on milage maybe.

·
Registered
232 Posts
What would be a good set of injectors for my truck with the mods I have.

·
Registered
268 Posts
What would be a good set of injectors for my truck with the mods I have.
i just put new 90hp injectors in a few days ago. runs much smoother and i have another 90hp :thumbsup:

got them from Industrial Injection

and i easily get in the 20s for fuel milage

1 - 20 of 22 Posts