Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions as to where to purchase a dual disc? Also, is there any advice for the install? That is definetly going to be my next purchase.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Any suggestions as to where to purchase a dual disc? Also, is there any advice for the install? That is definetly going to be my next purchase.
I can help you with a South Bend:D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Shiftin Fool
1,185 Posts

·
Go for Broke
6,696 Posts
if you need a price you will need to start a new thread in the"Request a price" section

this thread is a Parts Discussion thread only :thumbsup

Thanks
Scott

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Look at Both the Valair and the SBC. I will have a side by side comparison this weekend of the 2 clutches. I am running the Valair and very pleased with it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can I upgrade to a heavier duty clutch or do I need to run a dual disk. I drive mosty on the highway and pull a 33 ft. fiver. No hot rodding, but do drive it like it is stolen.

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
A dual disc will ensure you can bomb it and not have to ever worry about putting the power to the ground, i have a valair full feramic and i drive like you and its handled all of the 500+ hp im pounding it with. DD

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Can I upgrade to a heavier duty clutch or do I need to run a dual disk. I drive mosty on the highway and pull a 33 ft. fiver. No hot rodding, but do drive it like it is stolen.
Since you are towing I would stick to the dual disk. A big single makes it very difficult to back trailers IMHO; it is just way too grrabby.

Had a single in my 02 dually and the horses didn't much care for it. Put a DD in my 06 and it was night and day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts