Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Dash with a crack?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  JakeDiesel 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 94 dodge and I just noticed a small crack in the dash. I was woundering fi there was any way of stopping the crack form getting any bigger.
Thankyou

#3 ·
JB Weld. This stuff is like WD40, can use it on most anything.. Press in the crack, level w/ putty knife and whalla.

#5 ·
It being a '94, your just as well to get a dash overlay or just replace that one. Either that or just sit and watch it crack.:popcorn:
My '96 is cracked to pieces and I tried everything I could think of to stop it and it never worked very well.
Everytime I thought it was fixed it seemed like all I had to do was change the oil and it would crack in another place again.:CRY:
These older models are notorious for it.

#6 ·
Thankyou, when teh crack gets bigger I think that the best way to go would be to just get the dash cover.

#7 ·
To stop the crack from advancing, you might get the smallest drill bit you can find, and drill at the advacning end of the crack. This is a little trick my buddy uses if he get a crack in the plexiglass windshield of his helicopter. Dunno if it will work on the ABS dash, but its worth a shot.

#8 ·
I was actually thinking of something like that because thats how they stop a crack on engine blocks. Does he do anything to fill the hole made put the drill bit, like jb weld, hopxy etc. Thankyou.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.