Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I hold the button on the dash in that changes my odometer, when I turn the key to on it lights all the lights on the dash up and runs through 4 numbers, One is the hours but I cant figure out what the others are. one says S-81.4 the next C-61.6 and the last has two lines next to the numbers 42.3. What are these numbers. Is this the way to check for codes also. Thank yall for any help.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump Any help?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump. Someone must know something.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You did a cluster self test and these are codes associated with that test. If you were try to get hours you do that a different way, key on then hold in the trip button while the odometer is displayed for a few seconds and hrs will show. I do not have the manual that breaks down what each of the codes are.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The way to retrieve codes is:
Get in the truck, shut the door.
Put key into ignition.
Turn key forward 1 click, stop. This is your "beginning point" for the simple process that follows.
Turn key 1 more click forward, immediately return key to "Beginning point".
Turn key 1 more click forward, immediately return key to "Beginning point".
Turn key one more click forward and leave it there, stare at odometer, write down codes.

You shouldn't be bumping the starter when you do this. If so, you are doing it one key click position too far forward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts