Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a "clinking" sound coming from under my dash-it seems to be around the radio area(in the center of dash) . I'm guessing its coming from one of the a/c ducts on either side of the radio. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering if there is a way to get up in the a/c ducts without pulling the dash? Thanks guys..

Reactions: rooski13

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm having the same clicking noise when I hit bumps in the road. Not everytime, but just every so often. I would like to know the answer to this as well.

·
Registered
69 Posts
There is a servo motor right behind the cup holder for the floor vent. If the servo or stop for the damper door breaks it will make some wierd noises. Pull the cup holder and cycle the door and see if you can see anything.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bighorn, I'll check that out-that'll save me a bunch of time(and hopefully it's just a broken damper door).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dont hope its a broken damper door! Did one before. Have to drop column, pull entire dash and remove hvac box. That of course means you have to drain ac and coolant as well. Took 8 hours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts