Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I have a hell of a problem here. I have a work truck that is throwing these codes: 4x4 Disabled, Service ABS, Service Brake, Service Trailer Brake Controller, Throttle Body Service, No Speedometer, No fuel Reading. Any ideas??? It's a 2018 Ram 2500 4x4 with 24000 miles on it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
14,020 Posts
Those are messages on the EVIC not codes, right?

Is the check engine light on? If so then read the codes with a scan tool.

Could be a battery issue or ground fault too.

But, really, the thing to do since it is still under warranty is get it to the dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, sorry I wrote this up fast but they were EVIC messages. No check engine light. We just trailered up to the dealer as we could not drive it. We tried to drive it but it kept jolting forward and the transmission was not happy. I'm just blown away with the fact that a essentially brand new truck can be this crippled. The dealer made it seem like they've never seen it before. I personally have a 2018 ram 2500 CTD and never had a problem with it at all.

·
Registered
620 Posts
You say work truck. What kind of work? Are you going through mud holes and crap or through fields or woods and you might have snagged or broke a wheel speed sensor or wire under the truck

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Definitely sounds like it could be related to the wheel speed sensor or maybe batteries.

Have to ask, any mods to the truck? Have you messed with adjusting the TPMS at all? Those faults are pretty much exactly what will happen if you try to change the TPMS values with AlfaOBD and don't rest the RFHub properly.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just had something similar when my wife's 2018 Cherokee. Turns out a critter chewed the wiring going to a wheel sensor and fried it. That one sensor have me 4wd errors, brakes, ABS, traction control, parking brake, and steering issues. CEL on too. Still ran but like ****.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You say work truck. What kind of work? Are you going through mud holes and crap or through fields or woods and you might have snagged or broke a wheel speed sensor or wire under the truck
Truck is used for a municipality. Tows mini excavator and roller couple times a week and is used like the truck is meant to be used. I thought about the wheel speed sensor but with all the other messages i thought it was something worse. Transmission is off and shifting off(reason why we towed it up there), hard to put the truck into gear (shift column doesn't want to move out of park), 4x4 disabled, all the brake messages appearing, fuel tank not reading, speedometer not reading. I'm not an engineer but if a wheel sensor causes that many problems that's ridiculous.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Definitely sounds like it could be related to the wheel speed sensor or maybe batteries.

Have to ask, any mods to the truck? Have you messed with adjusting the TPMS at all? Those faults are pretty much exactly what will happen if you try to change the TPMS values with AlfaOBD and don't rest the RFHub properly.

No mods at all, completely stock.... everything seemed to happen back to back to back. Unloaded and disconnected the trailer wiring and drove maybe 1-2 miles and first message came and then the dash was like fireworks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just had something similar when my wife's 2018 Cherokee. Turns out a critter chewed the wiring going to a wheel sensor and fried it. That one sensor have me 4wd errors, brakes, ABS, traction control, parking brake, and steering issues. CEL on too. Still ran but like ****.
That just blows my mind..... a freaking wheel sensor affects that much!!!! Im a Dodge/Ram guy and it was hard watching our F550 tow that Ram away LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts