Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i got the basic CD player in my Cummins but I want to swap out the CD player for a slick indash DVD unit... but one wont fit in the plain CD player cutout.

Turns out the Nav and 6-disc changer have larger cutouts that are more capable of fitting an in dash screen. Is there anywhere out there that might allow me to get my hands on one of the different dash inserts?

has anyone else ever attempted this before? if so should i even bother trying haha

·
FUEL
646 Posts
agreed. trust me you can just about make any deck fit in any vehicles. dvd players included

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
center dash bezel? what is that exactly? is that what im talking about? haha

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Yes, all you need to do is go to a dealer and get the center dash bezel for a truck with the nav. unit. Then you will be able to install an in-dash dvd without having to cut on your stock bezel.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sweet... i thought thats what you meant! to quote the Simpsons "I'm Canadian. They think I'm slow eh!"

·
Registered
721 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
do they offer the factory nav unit in a truck that has the silver bezel? I have an slt not a laramie, so my dash bezel is all silver, I would like to keep it that way when i do put a nav unit it.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Yeah but their about a hundred bucks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sweet! thanks guys, i actually did some research on E-bay last night when I was unable to sleep and fouind i could get the Nav bezel for 65.95(us) and all i have to do is supply my vin and they'll make sure its a perfect colour match to the interior and options package in my truck... w00t!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts