Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
They're all over Ebay for good prices. That 44 is probably screaming for mercy with an 1100 pound Cummins on top of it lol

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
haha that 44 is done for! save your money and get a 60 cause there is no way that 44 will last

·
Registered
655 Posts
It'll last, I just like stuff to be overkill. I've seen a lot of Chevy/Cummins swap guys run 8-lug 44s and 10 bolts up front with no ill-effects.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
while it is heavy it's just a little over 300 lbs heavier than a 454 BB.

did they put a 44 in a BB truck

Dar

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
The biggest reasons that you didn't fnd 44's under a cummins is obviously the weight for number 1, the other thing is the increased payload and what people actually haul with them. If you have 20,000 pounds behind you and you are taking a right hand corner onto another street at 10 miles per hour that front left steering knuckle is taking a ridiculous amount of strain.

A 44 will hold the weight of a 44, but that is it. It can hold the weight but no other added stresses such as bigger tires, pulling, ect... The 44 under a cummins is holding basically it's max load capacity at all times.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Exactly, it's not quite at full capacity, but not too far off. I want to say they're rated for something like 3500lbs, whereas a 60 is 4500 or so. If I wheeled it or towed a lot, I'd use something else.
FWIW, I don't like balljoints anyway lol.

Yeah, you could get big blocks in 3/4 ton trucks IIRC.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Exactly, it's not quite at full capacity, but not too far off. I want to say they're rated for something like 3500lbs, whereas a 60 is 4500 or so. If I wheeled it or towed a lot, I'd use something else.
FWIW, I don't like balljoints anyway lol.

Yeah, you could get big blocks in 3/4 ton trucks IIRC.

You could get a big block in a half ton up untill the mid 70's i believe it was.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.