Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead: While driving my truck today in the rain, headlights on, I noticed that my dashlights all went out. Then they came back on. Later on after the truck had sat for a few hours I noticed my signal lights weren't working except for one back ones. Only one brake light is working also only have one headlight on low beam and the opposite one works on high beam. I have check the bulbs out and they are all fine. There is no power to the lights that are out.
Any idea what it could be?

Trixie

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
i am assuming fuses, and relays were alredy checked???

·
Northern CA Chapter President
3,325 Posts
maybe a relay is going bad.... or a bad connection somewhere.

·
Registered
628 Posts
With that many probs at once, it could be an ECM????
Or not. I'd check the fuse box first.

·
SNAFU
3,369 Posts
:welcome:

I would guess the ECM or a relay too, maybe some water got in it when you were driving in the rain its odd that you were having all those problems at once.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The fuses and relays have been checked and they were all fine. Not all lights are out...

·
Registered
593 Posts
put the key in and leave it in the off postion then hold the trip meter in then turn the key to the on postion. EVERY dash light should turn on. Make sure that all the lights on the dash work first. Sounds like water is shorting out the connection between two wires.

·
Registered
502 Posts
It sounds like water is getting in somewhere and shorting things out. I recently had a 2007 work truck that would short out every time we went to the car wash. All dash lights, gauges, and odometer would stay on after ignition wall killed and key removed. The next morning both batteries would be dead. We never were able to figure out where the water was getting in or what was shorting. After a day of drying out and recharging the batteries it would be fine. At least until the next time that it was washed (and the company requires weekly washings)...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It sounds like water is getting in somewhere and shorting things out. I recently had a 2007 work truck that would short out every time we went to the car wash. All dash lights, gauges, and odometer would stay on after ignition wall killed and key removed. The next morning both batteries would be dead. We never were able to figure out where the water was getting in or what was shorting. After a day of drying out and recharging the batteries it would be fine. At least until the next time that it was washed (and the company requires weekly washings)...
If that is the problem mine is having, I hope it drys out by morning and all the lights work.

What is an ECM??

·
Bangin' through the gears
5,006 Posts
If that is the problem mine is having, I hope it drys out by morning and all the lights work.

What is an ECM??
Engine Control Module

Side note and I don't care if my wife does see this I only clicked on this thread to see if perhaps you had a nice picture of yourself that would reveal that you are in fact playboy bunny material!

No, I do like to help member's as well if I can :lol4:
I agree with some of the others, you most likely have water getting in somewhere and wreaking a little havoc. I suppose you could unplug your connectors (not sure which ones) clean them out with quick drying electrical cleaner and then use some dielectric grease. I put dielectric grease on everything electrical.....always.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Turn your key from "off" - "on" -"off" - "on" -"off" - "on" and leave it on the last time and look at eh display screen and see if it throws a code. If so, it should tell you. Just a thought.

·
"MR. ESAFO TO YOU!!"
6,080 Posts
Engine Control Module

Side note and I don't care if my wife does see this I only clicked on this thread to see if perhaps you had a nice picture of yourself that would reveal that you are in fact playboy bunny material!

No, I do like to help member's as well if I can :lol4:
I agree with some of the others, you most likely have water getting in somewhere and wreaking a little havoc. I suppose you could unplug your connectors (not sure which ones) clean them out with quick drying electrical cleaner and then use some dielectric grease. I put dielectric grease on everything electrical.....always.
i'm surprised it took this long for THE QUESTION to pop up:lol3: :hehe: :thumbsup:

·
SNAFU
3,369 Posts
I figured that it would finally come up, I behaved myself:lol4: I am surprised it took 11 posts before someone said something:hehe:

·
Northern CA Chapter President
3,325 Posts
:ditto::ditto::lol4:

·
Registered
950 Posts
Ms Trixie how did she do this morning? all you have problems with are your lights all other parts of the truck act as normal?

·
Bangin' through the gears
5,006 Posts
i'm surprised it took this long for THE QUESTION to pop up:lol3: :hehe: :thumbsup:
I figured that it would finally come up, I behaved myself:lol4: I am surprised it took 11 posts before someone said something:hehe:
:ditto::ditto::lol4:
That's what I'm sayin' I thought for sure somebody else would have already put that out there!

Ms Trixie how did she do this morning? all you have problems with are your lights all other parts of the truck act as normal?
Yeah give us an update, still the same?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I performed very well this morning (hehehe)... the truck how ever still the same as last night.
Checked with the key thing and no codes are showing other than the normal skim key code.
Still have wet, damp and snowy weather here, so not much drying happening.

Trixie

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's what I'm sayin' I thought for sure somebody else would have already put that out there!

Yeah give us an update, still the same?
Yes Sandaholic, still the same!

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
you could have a bad ground somewhere! I know that dosent really narrow it down but its a possibility.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts