Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set of N-Fab 6 step bars from XDP about 3 weeks ago. I finally got them on tuesday and much to my dismay the one was damaged. It has a scuff about 1" long and 1/2" wide and a gouge down to the metal right beside that (about 1 1/4" long and 1/8" wide). So I call N-Fab and I was told to text pictures to be reviewed. They agree to pick up the damaged ones and send me a new set. The problem is I don't have time to wait around for freight pick up and deliveries. Mark at N-Fab told me they could probably refund me $47 (or %10) for the bars. Now, it's going to cost $100-$125 to powdercoat the damaged step or $160 to line-x it. I'm fighting to get more to cover the cost of fixing it. I'm trying for at least $100. What would you do?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Got mine from the same place & the same thing happened to me! They took off another 15% which was about $70 but I was planning on having the ends capped & line-Xed! I had them done before I installed them!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's another thing that really bothers me. Why are the ends just open tubing!?! I was thinking about having someone weld them shut before I line-x them. It seems like an unfinished product...kinda half assed if you ask me

·
Xtreme Diesel Performance
349 Posts
I ordered a set of N-Fab 6 step bars from XDP about 3 weeks ago. I finally got them on tuesday and much to my dismay the one was damaged. It has a scuff about 1" long and 1/2" wide and a gouge down to the metal right beside that (about 1 1/4" long and 1/8" wide). So I call N-Fab and I was told to text pictures to be reviewed. They agree to pick up the damaged ones and send me a new set. The problem is I don't have time to wait around for freight pick up and deliveries. Mark at N-Fab told me they could probably refund me $47 (or %10) for the bars. Now, it's going to cost $100-$125 to powdercoat the damaged step or $160 to line-x it. I'm fighting to get more to cover the cost of fixing it. I'm trying for at least $100. What would you do?

First of all, I'd like to apologize. I understand your situation and trust me, we're just as frustrated as you are. Have you spoken with our customer service dept or did you just call N-Fab directly? Would you be able to PM me your order info?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I dont know if anyone else has run into this problem but i called 4wheel parts wholesale and ordered a set of Nfab quad cab steps wheel to wheel. They showed up yesterday and as i was opening them i noticed they had made in china stickers all over them but they said Nfab on the step pads. Turns out Nfab has a licensing agreement with Smitty built, They build lower quality thinner material bars and slap Nfab's step pads on them and charge only 30 bucks less. Pretty damn shady if you ask me

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I dont know if anyone else has run into this problem but i called 4wheel parts wholesale and ordered a set of Nfab quad cab steps wheel to wheel. They showed up yesterday and as i was opening them i noticed they had made in china stickers all over them but they said Nfab on the step pads. Turns out Nfab has a licensing agreement with Smitty built, They build lower quality thinner material bars and slap Nfab's step pads on them and charge only 30 bucks less. Pretty damn shady if you ask me
right, exactly. I just received mine yesterday. same thing, made in china all over the place.

i thought these were made in the USA:banghead:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ended up sending them back and getting true Nfab bars sent to me which were much better quality, they are made here and offer a couple different finish's i went with the matte finish black bars and have had them on for awhile now with zero issues and they look great.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Dang my powder coat guy only charged me $20 to powdercoat both my nerf bars

1 - 12 of 12 Posts