Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Oregon Chapter President
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has one?
Do you like?
What are your egt's?

I've been looking around for some info on them and not much to be found. So if you got one, post! I'm sure I'm not the only guy wanting to know a little bit more about them. I'm sure there's plenty of other guys saying to themselves like I am,

"If it's a decent turbo, and it fits into my budget for a turbo, then why shouldn't I save some bucks and go this route?"

· Registered
23 Posts
I've been running one for about a month now. With what's in my sig, about 1250 is as high as I have seen. That's not towing, just pedal to the floor to 120 mph. Idle is about 75-100 less, cruising at 1700 is about 50 less, but working is where the difference is most noticable. The HX would quickly reach 1500+ on a hard run. Spool up is a little slower than stock, but it's a bigger charger. Once 10psi is reached, then it's a spike to 30. It will come gated at 40psi. When it lights, it lights hard. Starts to spool at about 1500-1600 on my truck, which is only a couple hundred over the old HX. Once you re-learn to drive the truck, its a whole different animal.

It's not annoyingly loud either. IMO its a bit quieter in the cab. Has a nice whistle instead of the pig squeal the HX had. Seems to move a great deal of air more at the same boost. 20 psi "feels" like 35 from the stocker. I can't hear it at all at idle from the tail pipe. The sound is there when you want it, but now I can hear my radio.

Comes with a polished compressor housing. Shiny.

3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice! Thank you. One of my big concerns was the egt's. I don't tow much, but I just like to play around with it. Take it to the track once in awhile ya know. And with what I have now, I can hit 2000* at the end of the 1/4 mile!

The D-tech turbo seems like a good alternative for someone like myself, that has a very tight budget to work with. What setting do you run on your Smarty/TST stack?

Thanks for your input!!!

3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya I was looking all over the net to see what people were saying about them, and I could barely find anything! Hopefully we get some more responses too.

My issue is, I want to get a HTT or II turbo, but man, it's just a little too far out of my budget. And saving up for it is impossible! :hehe:

And... it's not like I'm looking to shoot for 500+ HP! I just wanna get close, and be nice to the bank account. Lol.

· Registered
508 Posts
what about going with a 62/65/14 from d-tech? if you call or pm jkidd they do have them and the bigger exhaust housing would help even more. shouldnt cost any more that a 12cm

3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ideally I want to get a HTT 62/71/13. But the price is nuts! Having said that though, just got a pm from someone with a great deal on my ideal turbo, slightly used. So I'm gonna that route.

However, I hope some more guys chime in about these turbos just for research purposes of other guys looking into them. I mean, it kinda sucks when your looking and can't find anything.

· Vendor
13,008 Posts
62/65/12 turbos are quite inexpensive and will support 470HP. been running one for 2 years, EGT with 110HP inj and quadzilla top out at 1400-1450 at end of 1/4 mile

· Registered
115 Posts
Ya I was looking all over the net to see what people were saying about them, and I could barely find anything! Hopefully we get some more responses too.

My issue is, I want to get a HTT or II turbo, but man, it's just a little too far out of my budget. And saving up for it is impossible! :hehe:

And... it's not like I'm looking to shoot for 500+ HP! I just wanna get close, and be nice to the bank account. Lol.
i got a II phat shaft 62/65/12 for 1295 from dieseldawgs.com
I almost bought the d-tech but was to unsure about it. Im not knocking em i just wanted to get something that was already proven

· Registered
48 Posts
I just orderd one from jkidd when I get it on I will let you know how it is...

Reactions: Electric_Cowboy

· Vendor
13,008 Posts
get some injectors that are clean and that will help.

· Vendor
13,008 Posts
JLRnKY you should have come to me... I would have kicked that price to the curb.

· Registered
48 Posts
JLRnKY you should have come to me... I would have kicked that price to the curb.
For sure Jacob has got the best deals I've seen for turbo's around trust me I have been researching for a long time ....

· Registered
1 Posts
Dont know if you guys are still interested or not. Been running one with new motor now for 6 months. OLD HX threw a bearing and dusted the old motor. new one is balanced and blueprinted. egts never get over 1300. Spools up a little slower but look out when it does. also mine came set at 30psi im playing with it now. its a pita to get to for wastegate adjustment but im very happy with it so far. The customer service was also excellent.

· Registered
608 Posts
Sup,

When my HY gave up life, I went with a D-Tech 62/65/12. I ran it with FBD 125's. With that being said the 125 injectors were either slightly larger 100's or slightly smaller 150's. Cant say for sure and neither could FBD. But either way, spool up was good, and I did not notice lag. I know that when I had this setup, I was living in Broward Co Florida and drove in Miami traffic very often. Needless to say, I never was worried and when I beat the floor board with the go pedal, truck responded very very well and took off. When I moved to MD, I drove to Knoxville TN a couple of times and when I was hitting some of the hills and playing around egt's never went over 1200 if I remember correctly. I thought it was a decent turbo injector combo and only reason I swapped it out was to start playing. Went to a Super B Special and larger injectors and that was fun, but future plans need to to use the truck more to work than play. I thought Diesel Power Source had some real good customer service when I called them with questions and what not. Hope this helps and sry for it being lengthy.
oudive

· Registered
154 Posts
Mine has been in for a week now and i love it.
EGts 6-700, pulling camper 1100
sorry not a d-tech got it from
CPP $1300

Reactions: cummins724
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.