Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one on here running the new Magnaflow D.P.F. exhaust on the new 6.7? If so can you tell a power gain or any mpg increase?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Are you talking about a DPF back exhaust? If so, I can't imagine it does much because the factory muffler is straight through anyway...

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Fill out your sig, so we will know what you got.

BTW, :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

·
Banned
706 Posts
I got the mbrp filter back w/o muffler and tip. Deep sound at idle is all I noticed, no fuel mileage increase though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you talking about a DPF back exhaust? If so, I can't imagine it does much because the factory muffler is straight through anyway...
yeah thats what i am talking about. i just was not real sure cuz magnaflow says 26 hp and 45 ft-lbs.. so i just thought i would ask.. but thanks to all that responded.:beer

·
Registered
139 Posts
i bought the mbrp dpf back exhaust and the afe stage 2 intake i have noticed like a 4 mpg gain and and some power the turbo is louder now

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
Any DPF back system is a complete waste of money.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
YEH BUDDY!!!! i agree for like the 15,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 time. hahahahahaha
People will still believe the crap and spend the money and think they got something when they didn't. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
People will still believe the crap and spend the money and think they got something when they didn't. :)
I do realize that the power numbers given are just to help sale the product. but at the same time they are not a total waste of money. lower egt's and with a bigger and more flowing exhaust and intake you are bound to make a lil more power and fuel econ. thats just my two pennies

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Though with the DPF, NOx Filter and Cat all still on this truck by the time the exhaust gets behind those it is all used up. No power, Mileage or EGTs will be gained by a DPF kit. Too many restrictions in front of it. Its been tried by many on here.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
Working fine here. If you are at work your filters may be taking them out.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
They worked fine here

·
Banned
706 Posts
Then why does the factory install the muffler? If it serves no purpose. Its not louder with the muffler removed.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
Its actually just a resonator to stop cabin drone.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
A muffler is also required to be installed from the factory.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
A believe on non commercial vehicles it is required by the gov't. They don't classify the turbo as a muffler.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts