Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok guys this whats going on just recently had a head gasket blow on the truck coolant over flowing out of the bottle:bang head: went ahead and got studs but the tech said when he had the head off cylinders 1,4,and 6 were blueing at the top of the cylinder walls i know that means its been getting hot on those cylinders but why just 3 and not all 6. i haven't had any codes trucks been running good thats what kind of bothers me i just turned 50k on the truck

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
noone has any input ???????

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no coolant in the crankcase and i would have pics but he didn't let me know until he was done so no pics

·
TDI Guru
20' RAM 3500 CCLB 4x4 Granite with night package
145 Posts
I call BS. If you didn't see it, they were trying to fleece you.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i know the tech I've worked with him before he's pretty straight forward with me. but i was out of town when he did the work i just thought maybe something was wrong with a few of my injectors or my ecm. maybe those 3 cylinders were compensating more fuel idk!!!!!!!

·
Yes Really
1,029 Posts
He should have taken pictures and sent them to you via email or text. That would really get me heated if someone said there was a problem and it went undocumented.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya true but i guess he didn't want any proof of it bc it was a warranty claim so i got my gasket put on for nothing but he told me to turn down my mm and not to put my foot in it so much but i thought these trucks could handle the mm i mean block wise i don't drive my truck crazy. i get on it every now and then but not too bad. thats why I'm so stumped:banghead:

·
Yes Really
1,029 Posts
What settings were you running your MM on?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the mild w/turbo setting I've been running it on the highest setting to get the best fuel mileage

1 - 10 of 10 Posts