Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, it seems that something is up with my drag comp. It is causing the truck to throw the p0237 code which is low voltage for the MAP sensor. With it [the comp] unplugged from the MAP sensor the truck runs fine. For Edge to diagnose the problem it is going to cost $99, I don't even know if that much is going to cover it or if it will be repairable at all. What i'm asking is this: it is time you just cut my losses and move to a ADR/pulse or TST comp/
MVP combo or should I just send it to edge and get it fixed? I like the comp but the way I see it if i'm ever going to change now would be the time to do it. Plans for the future include a somewhat large single/twins and hopefully ~600 whp.

·
Registered
805 Posts
id say cut your losses...you wont regret going to the adrenaline.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
When I sent my comp in they told me I would be charged $99 for repair and that covered anything except replacement. If you have been wanting to try something different do it now. If you don't you will end up spending the money to fix the edge and still talk yourself into buying another box down the road.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've ran a drag comp, comp/smarty stack, xzillariader/smarty stack, and a couple other chips/programmers, with my experience and my setup my truck woke up a ton over anything else with the adrenaline, i went from about 540hp to over 600 jus runnin the adr... not all trucks are the same though...

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
Id go with Quad just for the simple fact they dont charge you anything to diagnose. If its a software problem they dont even charge you.

Id tell edge to stick it.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
i had to get my comp repaired twice in three years, but they covered the total cost (other than shipping to them) even after a couple years. I have run the comp, smarty/comp and currently run smarty/FMS. best combo for me, as well as many others, is to pair a fuel only box (TST, FMS, etc) with a Smarty. MY best drivability is with timing only and I can turn the box on as needed. I can even use my cruise control again!

·
Registered
99 Posts
thumbs up for the Smarty/FMS !!!I have a ADR,but it is not right,and jeremy cannot figure it out,just taking up space.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Id go with Quad just for the simple fact they dont charge you anything to diagnose. If its a software problem they dont even charge you.

Id tell edge to stick it.
Yeah I agree tell EDGE to stick it, I've had tons of problems with their products, but never an issue with TST.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Well guys, it seems that something is up with my drag comp. It is causing the truck to throw the p0237 code which is low voltage for the MAP sensor. With it [the comp] unplugged from the MAP sensor the truck runs fine. For Edge to diagnose the problem it is going to cost $99, I don't even know if that much is going to cover it or if it will be repairable at all. What i'm asking is this: it is time you just cut my losses and move to a ADR/pulse or TST comp/
MVP combo or should I just send it to edge and get it fixed? I like the comp but the way I see it if i'm ever going to change now would be the time to do it. Plans for the future include a somewhat large single/twins and hopefully ~600 whp.
Cut your losses. Just go with the adr. If you want we can meet up and you can take a ride in my truck and see how the adr runs and feels.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Adrenaline hands down is where its at. My truck rose from the dead over the regular comp..

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Ive had 0 problems in 6 years with my TST, cept the remote finally puking out, prob from the heat. But on the other hand when I go to spray I want the quad on there so I know how much timing its adding....

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
Is the edge comp really junk, I had the ADR about a year ago and I had just problems with the truck idleing, but the thing would move. I heard the Edge isnt as aggressive and will run smoother, Im not looking for all out power

·
DieselAutoPower.com
6,699 Posts
I'd suggest finding someone else with a truck like yours and have them test your Edge on it. If it's good, then sell it and pick up something new.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've gotten it back to working condition but I think I will end up selling it and going to something else.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
After seeing to ADRs go up in smoke and leave them stranded on the side of the road I will stick with my comp never had a problem in 5 years of running it

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'll buy your comp cheap from ya.. Let me know..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts