Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ever since I've went the Pulse I've missed my mechanical gauges, so this is what I came up with.

Now I have the best of both worlds and the abilty to monitor 6 different parameters at once.

·
Registered
802 Posts
so now back to a questionn i asked way back. how close are the mech. gauge readings to the pulse readings?

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
better pics? I'd like more knowledge on this setup, I'd like to run a mechanical boost gauge and fuel pressure gauge.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
so now back to a questionn i asked way back. how close are the mech. gauge readings to the pulse readings?
I was waiting for this question. So far it appears the Pulse reads EGT's higher then the Di-Pricol guage (Depeding on the temp it can be anywhere from 50 to 100+ degrees). Still doing some R&D. The boost readings seem to be pretty close (within 1 or 2#).

As for what it took to make this pod, 1 ea. Pulse full pillar and 1 ea. 2 guage pod secured with the 'plastic rivets'. I'm not good at fiberglass, but if one were, I'm sure they could make this pillar look as if it were one piece.

·
Registered
802 Posts
GOOD INFO thankyou the one i really wanted to know was fuel pressure if you have fuel on your pulse

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do have fuel pressure on my Pulse and it reads as accurate as a mechanical gauge.

·
Registered
802 Posts
awsome i feel better now knowing its a pretty acurate setup thanks again for the info

·
Just Another Slow VP
4,471 Posts
looks good!:thumbsup:

ive been wantin to do the same with edge attitude and a few reg. gauges:party018:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've found the EGT on the Pulse reads similiar when you adjust the "EGT Adjustment" on the Pulse to level 3.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
What exactly does that "EGT adjustment" do anyways?

·
Registered
802 Posts
my guess was that it was to callabrate the pulse which is why i was asking him about the accuracy. it should be close right out the box

·
Registered
433 Posts
Looks like he customizes well. What is this Pulse I googled it and got nothing. I know Edge is coming out with a reader without having to install their chip soon. How much is this Pulse and where you get one?

·
Registered
802 Posts
its an added piece for the quadzilla adrenaline it lets u do custome tunes and monitor your truck. i think they have a stand alone unit but i wouldn't recomend it you can check out all their goodies at Quadzilla Performance - Home

Reactions: Dieselnooby

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
its an added piece for the quadzilla adrenaline it lets u do custome tunes and monitor your truck. i think they have a stand alone unit but i wouldn't recomend it you can check out all their goodies at Quadzilla Performance - Home
Their standalone unit is called the scout. It's only 65hp but is supposedly able to be custom tuned as well as reading parameters similar to the adr/pulse combo.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
my guess was that it was to callabrate the pulse which is why i was asking him about the accuracy. it should be close right out the box
This is correct, it actually changes what the display reads. Say idling, you see 300*, if you change the "EGT adjustment" either higher or lower the reading on the display will change accordingly.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Dusting this thread off. You still got this pillar pod? Im gunna make one and wanted a few more pics if you could.

·
President of the 509
7,266 Posts
It's not that hard to do. I'd suggest mounting the pillar for the pulse/scout first, then marking where you want to mount to two gauge pod on it. I glued mine together and it seems pretty solid. You will have to drill holes through the pulse pillar cover for wires

1 - 20 of 20 Posts