Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here with a 6.7 made their own custom intake? I know of some people with the 5.9 that have done it and love it, but can it be done without any problems with the 6.7? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
91 Posts
anything is possible, how much time do you have?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anything is possible, how much time do you have?
I have plenty of time on my hands, the only thing that im worried about is all the sensors....i have a general idea on how i would do it

·
Registered
393 Posts
Has anyone on here with a 6.7 made their own custom intake? I know of some people with the 5.9 that have done it and love it, but can it be done without any problems with the 6.7? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
I would like to know this also. I was thinking of using a 45 degree PVC elbow with a BHAF and drilling holes for the sensors.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Just put the sensors back in about where they were before and you will be fine.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm also thinking of doing my own. The grand prix guys who make their own use ABS pipe. I was thinking of using the same thing, but I don't think I can get it in the diameter that the truck would require. Might have to use PVC.

Where can I get a BAHF?

·
Registered
250 Posts
i made one for my truck but took it out and bought a trueflow i used a bhaf filter and 4" pvc pipe here are some pics http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj70/08cummins/0112081503a.jpg[/URL]

·
Registered
241 Posts
Link doesn't work.

·
Registered
250 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Why did you switch over to trueflow?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Why did you switch over to trueflow?
i had in my other truck and wanted one for this one and inatead of waiting or buying something else i decided to make my own

·
Registered
3 Posts
i tried making my own with pvc and a cone filter, it worked for about 10 miles and it started to code , i just went and bought a afe it made a big difference

·
Registered
473 Posts
I put on a 45 degree 4" pvc. It put 2 codes. One said intake temp too high, I can't remember the other code. I'm back to stock for now. When I have some time, I'm going to change the height that the sensors are mounted into the pvc.
I think just bolting the sensors to the pvc, puts them too deep in the intake, giving it different readings than the computer is set up for.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts