Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

custom bumper replacements

19556 Views 67 Replies 36 Participants Last post by  Spody
I have been looking for a custom bumper for my '08 3500. I know of the Fab Fours, TDK, Bull Iron, Ranch Hand, and Tough Country, BuckStop brands, are there any other good ones out there your all familiar w/? I had a Ranch Hand on my '03 and I can tell ya it was tough, went through numerous montana deer and antelope w/o a sweat. You guys have any suggestions?
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

· Registered
1,111 Posts

· Registered
135 Posts
I have a Buckstop Classic (w/3" grille guard tubing) on order that will hopefully ship from Oregon today.

I think the type of replacement bumper you get depends totally on the overall theme of your truck. IMO, lifted trucks with big tires look best with a Road-Armor or equivalent type bumper with no grill guard. These bumpers highlight the front suspensions and big tires and look cool. Closer to stock trucks as far as lift and tire size look good with the heavy, full-frontal coverage bumpers (which is what I got).

· Registered
70 Posts
I ordered a TDK Prerunner. I think it was $1600 with 4 cut in lights and 2 light mounting tabs. Powder Coated. And a Built in Winch. I ordered it June 25, got a e-mail today that it would be finished this week and be here next week.

· Registered
1,062 Posts
I've never wanted an aftermarket bumper but I like that bodyguard bumper. That may be on the long term wish list.

· Registered
41 Posts
for me i hate the big bulky bumpers and i really dislike the stuff that covers up the grill and headlights i dont need that type of protection here but i really wanted something else

a guy on another site i go to just got his truck back from a company near him that makes bumpers and i am waiting for them to finish up pricing as they just made the first one for the 06-08

here are pics of his truck with the finished product i love how it has the aftermarket look it is still trough looking but does not stick 10-12 inches off the front off the truck

Tim Cornett is the guy to talk to. there website is crappy and only has the older dodge bumper listed because liek i said this is the first one they made for this year truck

BPi Fab.com
c/o Blender Products, Inc.
5010 Cook Street
Denver, CO 80216
800.523.5705 ext. 868
BPiBumpers.com - Home Page

· Registered
723 Posts
that is exactly the style bumper i am looking for. Fitment under the headlights looks a little low maybe?...maybe not. Definitely a good look. Someone organize a group buy on these!

· North Texas VP
268 Posts
I am a fan of the ranch hand bumpers but after seeing that bumper :thud: I got to have one!!

· Registered
583 Posts
that is a clean lookin aftermarket bumper, i wouldnt mind it stickin out a cpl ,more inches thought soemtimes you need a somethin to stand on

· Diesel-less
4,807 Posts
for me i hate the big bulky bumpers and i really dislike the stuff that covers up the grill and headlights i dont need that type of protection here but i really wanted something else

a guy on another site i go to just got his truck back from a company near him that makes bumpers and i am waiting for them to finish up pricing as they just made the first one for the 06-08

here are pics of his truck with the finished product i love how it has the aftermarket look it is still trough looking but does not stick 10-12 inches off the front off the truck

Tim Cornett is the guy to talk to. there website is crappy and only has the older dodge bumper listed because liek i said this is the first one they made for this year truck

BPi Fab.com
c/o Blender Products, Inc.
5010 Cook Street
Denver, CO 80216
800.523.5705 ext. 868
BPiBumpers.com - Home Page
AH! I love you for showing me that! That is the exact style bumper I am looking for :woot::woot:

· Diesel-less
4,807 Posts
I quickly photoshopped the BPi bumper to my truck... man I want one now. I emailed them about making one for my year truck :rof

· Registered
2,747 Posts
the more you spend now the less youll have for a real truck:T:

but i personally find that body guard to be the nicest looking

· Diesel-less
4,807 Posts
the more you spend now the less youll have for a real truck:T:

but i personally find that body guard to be the nicest looking
I'm saving up for a truck in a bank account while also trying to increase the coolness of my truck :T:

It will be a few years because I want a 2nd gen but also want a new 2010 HD :ah:

· Registered
2,747 Posts
I'm saving up for a truck in a bank account while also trying to increase the coolness of my truck :T:

It will be a few years because I want a 2nd gen but also want a new 2010 HD :ah:
why would you want a guinea pig truck?
when they redisgn you can expect some little kinks for the next 2 years

if you just put your truck up for sale at a price thats a little unreasonably high, your dad wont say no but people will make offers if they like it..then you have a chance of getting the money to pay the truck off outright and get that 2nd gen:thumbsup

· Diesel-less
4,807 Posts
Nah I'm more saving up enough to pay the truck off in cash when I get it, and also be able to get some things it needs right off the bat (best to get vp44, fass, quadzilla, and edge?)

· Registered
12,277 Posts
Nice bumper!

that is exactly the style bumper i am looking for. Fitment under the headlights looks a little low maybe?...maybe not. Definitely a good look. Someone organize a group buy on these!
I agree on the looks of this bumper. Aside from the excessive gap below the headlight,it looks functional and great! Do they have the weight as pictured?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.