Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinkin ever since my friend thought that I should have 2-step when I do a burn out so I don't bounce off the rev limiter. Would it be worth my time to tear into my wiring harness and firgure out a way to create a 2-step for 24v's? has it been done? I know the manual trans guys will love me if I make a box for it. Anyone's input????????

·
Go for Broke
6,696 Posts
IMO if you build it they will buy :thumbsup

·
Registered
751 Posts
huh?

what the heck is a two step:confused:

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a two step is a box that reads your wether your clutch is engaged or disengaged via your clutch switch, it then limits your rpm's when your clutch is in. like if you try to keep your rpms at 1500 when you are launching, you can dial that in on the box and when you step on the clutch and mash the gas, it will be limited to only1500rpm. drop the clutch and the box resumes normal operation of your rev limiter. This equals perfect launch with boost. Then while you're running down the track and rowing through the gears, you'll never have to let off the gas cuz when u hit the clutch to shift, you rpms go down instead of up, meaning you can maintain boost through the gears and not have to wait to re-spool... But I'm just looking to use this on my automatic as a switch I can use to limit my rpms during a burnout, but if I can help the manual owners, why not

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think that if you have the know how and the resources to build it, why not?!?
I'm not sure if it already available or not, but if I had a manual I would definetely be interested.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
a two step is a box that reads your wether your clutch is engaged or disengaged via your clutch switch, it then limits your rpm's when your clutch is in. like if you try to keep your rpms at 1500 when you are launching, you can dial that in on the box and when you step on the clutch and mash the gas, it will be limited to only1500rpm. drop the clutch and the box resumes normal operation of your rev limiter. This equals perfect launch with boost. Then while you're running down the track and rowing through the gears, you'll never have to let off the gas cuz when u hit the clutch to shift, you rpms go down instead of up, meaning you can maintain boost through the gears and not have to wait to re-spool... But I'm just looking to use this on my automatic as a switch I can use to limit my rpms during a burnout, but if I can help the manual owners, why not
That sounds pretty awesome for racing, but would that work good for launching in sled pulling?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I would love to hear a diesel come up on a two-step

·
Go for Broke
6,696 Posts
if you can make it adjustable for drag racing to hold a 10-15 psi of boost or RPM to hold a set boost.....IMO that would be a HUGE hit !!!

·
Go for Broke
6,696 Posts
and i would be first in line to buy one :thumbsup

·
Registered
203 Posts
and i would be first in line to buy one :thumbsup

if it were compatible with 3rd gens you and I would be in a competition to buy the first one :lol3:

·
Registered
393 Posts
You could probably tie it in the switch that's already there so you can't start the truck unless the clutch is depressed. I know Harley drag racers used to use the Buell clutch lever assy because it had this switch already built in for the same purposes.

·
Dumbass
4,348 Posts
oh hell yes. chock me up for one as well. i have yet to find a good rpm where it will boost with out spinning them. damn heavy right foot any way.

but i say yes, please build one. make it cheap, easy, and reliable. that would be just peachy.

·
Registered
393 Posts
It would have to be set up to cut fuel. I'm willing to bet this could be programmed for the adrenaline and tied into the clutch switch.

·
Dumbass
4,348 Posts
Edge Comp as well? maybe?

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll begin working on this tomarrow. I have an Edge Comp box, so it would be compatible with that. I'm going to attempt to make it for any programmer/box and have adjustable settings. I already have a rough schematic for how its gonna be ran

·
Registered
42 Posts
that would de awesome sign me up too

1 - 20 of 21 Posts