Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I just talked with cummins about some of the issues with the 6.7....excessive soot build up and the problems with the dealerships saying it is cummins fault for not wanting to replace the malfunctioning parts...in ex. p2262 turbo codes and excessive egr codes. I was told that they have a entire wing devoted to chrysler as their support team. I was told to go to the dealership with the problems I have been experiencing and since the 800 1997 direct number to chrysler yields no results but bad attitudes....to call back with the owner of the dealership to cummins with both of us on the line and the problem would be resolved....cummins is for real and their support is phenomenal. Once again just to let you guys know the ecm is a chrysler part.....not cummins...if it was cummins it would have a manual button for regeneration...which is something they are looking into....cheers:beer

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Interesting info:thumbsup

·
Registered
460 Posts
Got a number for that cummins place we're supposed to call?
My buddy's gonna love this post.
Thanks for doing the footwork and posting!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is cummins corp. headquarters. And yes I have the number and also the extension to the head guy. There are over 30 thousand people employed there. As soon as I get to the dealearship and get the problems resolved with their blaming cummins for not releasing parts.....or their restricted parts on star....I will update you all. It sounds as if the dealerships are the problem right now. As for the people I talked to they said that the dealerships are not reporting any of these issues to them or they would be researching it and finding solutions to the problem. The software flashes are chryslers doing. Albiet not all bad as mb is part of that process...and they own frieghtliner....the big rigs are going through emissions just as we are.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Sounds good, thanks again!

I'm sending an email to my buddy tonight as he's had to fight with his dealer for a year and arbitration on his lease has proved ineffective. According to your signature, you have an 06, but i'm assuming that you have a 6.7 to go along with your post? Just curious. His is an 07.5 2500. (I know, dumb question, but curious if you have the 07.5 or the 08)

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya I couldn't fit it all in...but at the end of my sig.....I have an 08 laramie mega cab with the 6.7 as well

·
Registered
460 Posts
Laramie...:drool:
Mega cab...:drool:
08...:$:

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
It is cummins corp. headquarters. And yes I have the number and also the extension to the head guy. There are over 30 thousand people employed there. As soon as I get to the dealearship and get the problems resolved with their blaming cummins for not releasing parts.....or their restricted parts on star....I will update you all. It sounds as if the dealerships are the problem right now. As for the people I talked to they said that the dealerships are not reporting any of these issues to them or they would be researching it and finding solutions to the problem. The software flashes are chryslers doing. Albiet not all bad as mb is part of that process...and they own frieghtliner....the big rigs are going through emissions just as we are.

I took my truck in and watched the mechanic do his thing.

He had to fill a big sheet of paper with a lot of info on it from the ECM.

He told me if the numbers don't look good then Chrysler refuses the warrenty parts.

Lucky for me, before I got to the dealership my truck ended up running like it was suppose to, But he said some of the numbers were missing and that Chyrsler would have refused to replace the turbo for the P2262 code.

I dont think it the dealerships. It is Chysler it self. They should have had Cummins help then from the begining and used Cummins's ECM.:thumbsup

P.S. My truck is stock. What happened to the missing numbers?

·
Registered
491 Posts
ya ma my budy jst bought a new 6.7

·
Registered
106 Posts
so who do we need to call to get this stuff straightened out?

·
Registered
460 Posts
According to the cummins website:

You may also contact us Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. EST at 1-800-DIESELS (1-800-343-7357). If you are located outside of North America, you can reach us at 812-377-3000.

Thats what i gave my buddy, let us know if this is the wrong number

·
Registered
479 Posts
Good info but I thought Cummins didn't have anything to do with warranty work or authorization for replacement parts. I thought Dodge carried 100% of the warranty, including the Cummins motor.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Good info but I thought Cummins didn't have anything to do with warranty work or authorization for replacement parts. I thought Dodge carried 100% of the warranty, including the Cummins motor.
They dont. Last time I called Cummins they refered me to Chrysler.

Maybe someone else can get lucky with Cummins, but every time I try they say contact Chrysler.:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The warranty for cummins is also covered by cummins.....who releases the parts for warranty....CUMMINS....and yes I got the issues resolved with cummins .....I guess maybe it depends how high up the ladder you go.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
2007 6.7 Turbo Issue

Just got back AGAIN from the local Dodge service group. Another check engine light confirmed with turbo problems. Next Monday they get to tear my turbo and exhaust brake apart and do a "cleaning procedure". This with only 15K on the engine. Funny part was that there were 4 other 6.7's in the bays with their turbos being cleaned. Dealer said that they've had to replace 3 so far this year.

Lovely.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
You may have to get them to replace yours. So far all they seem to be doing is putting bandaids on these things. I hope for those having issues there comes a real fix.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Question for you guys that have had the cleaning procedure. Has the performance of the truck improved noticably after the procedure? What is the procedure supposed to correct?
I've only had my 6.7 for a few weeks now, but I notice that my truck runs differently from time to time. Sometime when I take off from a dead stop it just leaps forward, then at other times, it will feel a little sluggish. It seems that the "peppy" takeoffs occur when I have the exhaust brake engaged. Any ideas?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I believe it is due to the EGR system. When you go to accelerate and its partially open, the truck will hesitate.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts