Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whos beat a duramax?...i dont know why but man they seem fast...not to upset any one but i cant stand the duramax hate them with a passion

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
they are fast because motors run the best right before they blow up!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha thats funny!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Or maybe its because they are a well designed motor with proven reliability.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
i beat one yesterday, my buddy was talking crap about how fast his duramax was with his superchip on performance,
all we had was a pasture prolly a little of1/8 mile. so we got out there in forwheel drive and raced a couple of times my edge on 3 and 4. my buddies stock 6.7 with 37s was real close to beating him too. i also beat a 6.0 while out there
it was the most fun i had in a while. o when we got done my buddy with dmax said yea your truck is fast but our other buddies dmax could beat me.

·
Banned
5,586 Posts

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Or maybe its because they are a well designed motor with proven reliability.
isuzu is a good motor? weird last i knew they were like plastic cars, easy to break and even easier in the winter.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
isuzu is a good motor? weird last i knew they were like plastic cars, easy to break and even easier in the winter.
No the Duramax is a great motor.:thumbsup

·
Registered
283 Posts
Duramax :butt: :rof :rof :butt:

·
Cummins Fanatic
875 Posts
I know the Duramax runs higher RPMS than the Cummins. I also know that they're faster than the cummins, but put a load on the two of them and then line em up! I'm pretty sure we got quite a bit more torque:thumbsup

·
Registered
529 Posts
My buddy has an 05 Duramax with PPE HOT and Edge juice w/att and a Banks dual exhaust. Beats the living $hit out of this truck. He doesnt have the EGT probe hooked up so who knows what the EGTs are running. The truck is starting to make some bad noises when he romps on it. Pulls 10K pounds with the PPE on the higest setting. The truck is still going. I dont know how but I do have alot more respect for the Duramax beucase of this truck. Cummins is still #1 though.

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
the isuzu strate 6 turbo was a good motor my dad had a chevy and put one in it. it was off a center pivit and it had some nuts. :peelout

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
when i think of the internal parts of the dmax it reminds me of a small block gas engine guess thats why i dont like them

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
My buddy has an 05 Duramax with PPE HOT and Edge juice w/att and a Banks dual exhaust. Beats the living $hit out of this truck. He doesnt have the EGT probe hooked up so who knows what the EGTs are running. The truck is starting to make some bad noises when he romps on it. Pulls 10K pounds with the PPE on the higest setting. The truck is still going. I dont know how but I do have alot more respect for the Duramax beucase of this truck. Cummins is still #1 though.
:thud::thud::thud::thud::thud: oh that poor truck....

·
Registered
343 Posts
I respect them because with the right tunning it doesnt take much for them to make 500RWH..

·
Registered
235 Posts
wow! talkin about durasnacks in a cumminsforum is like holdin a dog up with no food for a week and after that week is over throwin in a piece of meat, it just tears em apart, I dont like duramaxs' for alot of reasons, but like 199eightcummins said it dont take that much to get alot of power, but Cummins is still the best!

·
Registered
529 Posts
:thud::thud::thud::thud::thud: oh that poor truck....
Oh I know. Ive told him not to run the Edge and PPE together but he doesnt care. He says its a work truck and it's under warranty. I don't think he will have any warranty because of the PPE and Edge. But oh well, I tried to tell him.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
i killed 3 of them in 1 hour yesterday coming back from a restaurant...my truck was running so good....i was up to 30 with a cloud of smoke and 2 tire trails by the time they were leaving the stop light

i was out having fun:lol3: with everything at its peak level getting 15 mpgs according to the lie-o-meter

1 - 20 of 182 Posts