Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've got a 4bt that I'm putting a 2006 G56 behind. What year adapters will fit?

A buddy of mine converted his 04 48RE to G56 and used the original adapter. And I've been told that the 68RE used a different adapter than a 48Re but I've seen some adapters listed on ebay that say they fit all 03-present transmissions.

So, do I need to look for a 03-early 07 adapter or will all 03-present adapters work?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ok, I've got a 4bt that I'm putting a 2006 G56 behind. What year adapters will fit?

A buddy of mine converted his 04 48RE to G56 and used the original adapter. And I've been told that the 68RE used a different adapter than a 48Re but I've seen some adapters listed on ebay that say they fit all 03-present transmissions.

So, do I need to look for a 03-early 07 adapter or will all 03-present adapters work?
hey man sorry to be a little off topic with your post but i really need to know what all your buddy had to get for the swap? i'm about to do it im getting a sweet deal on the parts just need to know what all i need to remember to get, and did he swap wiring harnesses and ecms or did he have his reflashed? let me know please if you could tell me a list of all the parts he used i'd greatly appreciate it, thanks

·
Registered
453 Posts
Off topic, but what are you putting the 4bt in?
I've considered building an off-roader reg cab from a Hemi powered truck with NV4500. Swap in a 4bt and an intercooler if feeling ambitious..
I have seen a few nice 3rd gen trucks with ~180000 miles for $4500-7000.

A 2500, 4x4 reg cab, shortened box would be fun, unique and economical on the highway :)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm pretty sure he didn't swap harnesses or ECMs. It's Cody from Centex diesel if you want to call them. He'll be the one answering the phone.

I'm putting it in a 1986 Dodge Power Ram W150 single cab short bed 4x4. This 4bt is a 1993 VE pumped 105 horse motor. It will have a hamilton cam, ported and polished head, He341 turbo small injectors. I'm looking for 20+mpg and 200+ hp. I'm going to start tearing apart the truck this summer and start the test fitting

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
aww hell that 4bt will sit right in there easy .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts