Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FEEL FREE TO COMMENT HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER YOURS CAN PUSH WITH YOUR STOCK INTERNALS.... CURIOUS TO SEE WHaT POPS UP .....

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
With just headstuds I was able to grenade an II silverbullet "can support upto 800 hp"

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Just studs, or o-ringed head as well?

My work truck made 640horsepower with stock head bolts. My 2001 makes alot more, but I don't know how much. It is studded and o-ringed.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
o yea runit answered right... i was asking basically how much power i can make with stuff i can modifymy truck with out opening the block up and strengthing the internals... and wow im impressed i have a 12 sec foxbody and the internal mods i have done to keep it going is ridicolus ..compared to the cummins ... this is my first diesel ive had it for a year or more now and still learning ... i went with a cummins diesel because i was waxed by one while in my mustang and i was impressed so i went with the cummins .... (love the dually)

·
Registered
957 Posts
Cummins can be pretty mean engines if you have all the suporting mods and then a lil more fuel and air is when the power comes :stirpot: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what about stock rear ends can they hold all that power .... perferably asking can my stock dually rear end hold 500hp

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
1k + on internals

500hp is nothing for the Dana 80 in your dually. Hell, it's probably good for 1k+ too

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I made just over 650/1400 on my truck and it has 212k on the bottom end. Only internal mod is hamilton 110lb spring, hd pushrods, cam, oringed, and headstuds... I Made that on 82psi and hit that just about daily messing around...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts