Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

cummins HP ?

654 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  LOW-LIFE
ok guys the question is, how much horsepower can an 01 cummins with no motor mods handle ?

im looking to run my hp up, gonna build the tranny dont know if i need to build the motor up along with it. lookin to run around 450 to 500 hp. any input would be a big help thanks.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
288 Posts
if ya start adding more boost, i.e a new turbo or a modded stock your gonna need to do some headstuds and gaskets. Just gotta watch your egts the more fuel you add to it.

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya looking to switch turbos and run a new intercool with it

· Hemi
13,184 Posts
42-45 seems to be the safe area of boost until you get at least headstuds but there's no telling what it will blow at. Some guys run 60 pounds on studs only but it's safer to do it with o-rings and studs.

· Registered
440 Posts
Stock bottom end will hold what you want with ease. with sticks and an adrenaline programer im sitting at 409/743

i plan on some 150's and a 64 turbo of some sort and im guestimating ill be over my 500 hp goal. (varying on turbo choice of course) and my motor and intercooler are all stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.