Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
12,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Premium Member
3,328 Posts
I was thinking about this the other day. Would be a really good time for an entrepreneur to enter the market and build a 1 ton vehicle that would run a million miles like an over the road truck. Offer a tow , C+C and Ranch Version. Elegant, but simple and rugged styling. Function over form. No reason you couldn't win 90% of the market.

· Registered
1,158 Posts
if it came in a ford superduty that would be awesome. The only reason i am driving this POS chrysler product is for the engine...THAT IS IT.

· Registered
84 Posts
What about F150 Cummins? It's more likely that they would do that with Ford unveilling their Scorpion V8 diesel in Aug.

· Registered
515 Posts
i like the dodge better than i do ford all the way around

· Banned
28,330 Posts
Your wishing for something that aint gonna happen, a Ford with a Cummins. First this is a 5.0L, I doubt itll make it in a HD pickup when everybody is running 6.4-6.7L already. Second Fords too stupid. And they just got out of a 20+ year relationship. Ford would get Cummins and use their own programming and ruin Cummins' reputation anyway...

If I were Cummins, I wouldnt want my engine wrapped by Ford junk anyways...

Id put money the 5.0L Cummins V8 still comes out in a 1500 Ram

· Horseback Recluse
673 Posts
I think it would be a great time for a new company to rise up and take advantage of the Cummins engine. Maybe some people that actually drive these diesels and know what needs to be done and what the engine should be set in. They could take the best of all three manufacturers and produce true beasts that truely get 20+ mpg and can tow a mountain.

Maybe the next high performance diesel company will be a truck manufacturer. A company that only produces trucks no cars! Make real trucks and thumb their nose at the government.

It would be really cool to see some resurrected American enginuity going into the future.

· CO President
2,621 Posts
You will never make everyone happy. I like the dodge wrapped around my cummins and would not have it any other way. Some people hate it and think it should be in a Ford. I would be pissed if they put it in a Ford because to me the Ford after the late 60s looks like a bag of crap inside and out. I think a retarded monkey with a set of big crayolas could design a better looking truck.

· Banned
28,330 Posts
You will never make everyone happy. I like the dodge wrapped around my cummins and would not have it any other way. Some people hate it and think it should be in a Ford. I would be pissed if they put it in a Ford because to me the Ford after the late 60s looks like a bag of crap inside and out. I think a retarded monkey with a set of big crayolas could design a better looking truck.
Im the same as you. Id probably still buy Dodge even if they dropped the Cummins. Drove a new 6.4 F-250 the other day; I dont care if it came factory with a 600hp twin turbo Cummins, I still wouldnt buy that POS.

· Registered
9,910 Posts
If a Cummins came in a Ford, would you have to pull the cab to change the fuel filter?
Naw, the thing wouldnt last long enough to make it to the first filter change :hehe:

· ICC Advertising Director
972 Posts
:doh::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

i rellay want a PW with the 5.0 diesel, looks like i gotta wait till 12 or later though...:banghead::buttkick:
Its currently in a 2011 prototype vehicle. :thumbsup:

· Registered
143 Posts
Hey I have an idea why dont people here at Cummins Forum pull there money and start this new company and only build actuall work trucks. Not this fancy stuff that just gets in the way. We could make big money cuz I hate my job and now getting cut hours I need more money.

· Registered
1,837 Posts
Well you would need dodge or ford frames to build this super work/ranch truck on. Because the IFS on GMC and Chevy is worthless in a work truck. Even the two wheel drive trucks should run straight axles with king pins like larger trucks.
The 80's era body styles of either of the three would work, more leg and head room, less useless junk. Should come standard with trailer brake controllers, exhaust brakes, CB radio mounts, some place on the dash that would hold a large clip board.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.