Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2000 dodge cummins with super chips programer and holley blue pusher pump just installed edge drag comp with hot unlock and i get hardly any smoke on any of the levels the only time i get any more than a little puff or haze is reving it up in park with MAP unplugge i tried with and without the super chips programer didn't make a difference. I also dont feel much of a difference from going from level two to level five x five, what could be wrong or is this expected

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Without any load on the motor it wont smoke really, if its an auto do kind of a powerbrake but dont spin, and it should smoke. If you have a hand shaker just go drive it.

·
Free spirit
2,015 Posts
Stock injectors? Are you confident that you tapped the correct VP wire?

·
......................... .....
2,798 Posts
definatly sounds like the vp wire tap. i didnt tap mine at first, and it basically felt stock on all levels

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
Just the Superchips and everything else stock should smoke if you lug it.

Like the others, I would guess the wire tap. Id' also get a fuel pressure, pyro and boost gauge on it. Under heavy load, you can get high EGT's with just the Superchips.

The Holley's sometimes need some spring tweaking to get the pressure correct. No lower than 8-10PSI at WOT is what you want. I'd also consider running 3/8" fuel line to feed those fuel adders.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a bit better

I took the super chips off and rewired my vp once more seems to smoke pretty good now but i still don't feel alot of difference when switching levels how noticeable should it be and what could be wrong i'm only boosting 25psi without the edge i was boosting closer to 30 but its has decent power??

·
Registered
689 Posts
My drag comp is night and day difference from level 2 to level 5....i mean crazy difference

·
......................... .....
2,798 Posts
i dont know if the comp box is the same as the juice, but, the map sensor is different for different years

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
edge superchips

it seems like when i have my comp up and running i loose all my power and smoke when i load up my super chips has any one stacked these two with n e suscess if so please tell how thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts