Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, it´s my first thread, love this forum btw. ok I happend to be so lucky owning a Dodge 12 valve and I love it, problem is where I live thers no dealership for these trucks and the only way to get parts is threw the cummins marine dealer, wich is not the type of dealer that cracks the nuckles and gets to work. any how, I order the OV there to day and repedly said "it´s the banjo bolt on the block site on the injection pump" and had to explain to him the nature of the valve tha ball and the spring. ok he found it eventually and kept calling it a check valve but he had my engien seral n. so I told him to order it and went home, later on I staried thinkin if it was pausible that he had ordered the banjo bolt on the fuel filter that is conected from the T at the injectors.... It runs me raughly 140 bucks to get from the U.S to Iceland so I want to be shure, could it be? or is the OV also known as "The check valve" thnaks for any input

·
Premium Member
16,203 Posts
Never heard it called a check valve but suppose it could be called that.
You probably know well how things can be lost in translation.
Cummins p/n for the OF valve is 3932096

Fuel filter banjo is p/n 3912887

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks alot, going to give them a call first thing in the morning, what got to me was that he claimed it was the same part number as in the 8.3 marine cummins. I had a hard time to belive that the fuel pressure on that and the 5.9 was the same thanks again great to have the part numbers

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, dont get me wrong, I have full faith in you and this part nr. for the Ov but whe I called the dealership they said it didn´t fit my motor. he did say that this was the part nr. for the ov valve in the 8.3 marine cummins. than ofcourse I said that this was the part nr. I preffered, rather than some thing else that seems like guessing. he said that he was gonna give me a call later to day... I need to research the stock releash pressure of the valve so I can make shure he is ordering the right thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts