Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been doing rescearch on the topic for over a year now, and i have a few questions
ok so here are the plans. the bronco is a 1995. I want dana 60 front axle with a sterling 10.25 rear. The engine will be a 1997 12v cummins with the big p7100 pump. for the trans i want to use the NV 4500. ok so heres where the problems come in, which transfer case do i use? Currently my bronco has the electronic 4x4, if i use the dodge transfer case the np205 id need to put the shifter on the floor? if i used 1356 ford transfercase how would i get it to with with the nv4500? Ok another dilemma, my bronco is an automatic, what hydraulics, and clutch cylinders and slave cylinders would i use? the ford or the dodge. I plan on using the ford alternator and ac with the brackets from Gos preformance and well as the engine mounts. is there any additional mods i need to do to make the nv4500 work with my truck other than a custom cross member?

anyone have any ideas?
-max

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
as far as hyrdos go you'd be using the ones for that tranny wether you went aftermarket or stock. and to make things easier i'd probably just use a dodge transfer case aswell and just bring the linkage through the floor by the shifter. auto 4x4 is no good anyways and that fort transfer case probably wouldn't hold up to the new power you'll be putting to it i can't imagine

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
as far as hyrdos go you'd be using the ones for that tranny wether you went aftermarket or stock. and to make things easier i'd probably just use a dodge transfer case aswell and just bring the linkage through the floor by the shifter. auto 4x4 is no good anyways and that fort transfer case probably wouldn't hold up to the new power you'll be putting to it i can't imagine
:rof:hehe::hehe:

Ford might not be known for having great engines, but their drivetrain is strong.

Use the factory Ford master cyl. Get one from an F350 or so. Should bolt into factory area. Ford line will fit into the end of the Dodge slave. And you use a Dodge slave.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Destroked or fordcummins. All the adapters you need to bolt the motor to what ever drive train you want.
Heck people have stuffed 7.3 power strokes in broncos so your best bet, might be a bronco forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts