Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2022 Dodge 2500 CC Bighorn CTD
294 Posts
Thinking of buying a 2019 2500 CCSB 4x4 with the 6.7 Cummins 68RFE and 82k miles. I keep hearing the trans is the weak link on these trucks - is that true? How many miles are folks getting before having issues?

Are there any other common issues on the newer 6.7 Cummins? I haven't had a Cummins since my dad's 1994 24-valve model from way back in the day.

Thanks in advance!
Make sure they have replaced the CP4. HPFP they have issued a recall for this pump, if it has not been replaced get a big discount so you can have an after market one installed, at this time its hit an miss if it will get replaced under the recall by the the 3rd Qtr of 2023...

· Registered
294 Posts
Thanks all!

Does the recall replace the CP4 with a CP3? That's what local dealer said - just want to confirm.
Yes... Did the dealer also tell you at this time there they have no idea when they will get around to doing the recall on the 2019 due to what has been reported to be software problems from other recall code that has been installed (have heard maybe sometime in mid to late 2023) that is why you need to ask for $$$ off the list price then use that money to go install a no code S&S replacement pump... FYI if you get it and the pump goes out it will sit until such time they get a workaround figured out for the 2019 trucks that have had other recall updates done....

· Registered
294 Posts
simply not true they will do the swap right away my dealer and ram also said its a week turn around even with a 2019 with all the recalls done. They just did my friends truck
According to local Ram dealer (last Friday) they still have no ETA on when they will have a fix for the 2019 so I'm surprised to hear otherwise...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts