Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm planning to put an 96 5.9 into my 1992 GMC TopKick. Is there any body out there thet manufacturers motor mounts for for this combo or am I gonna have to make them from scratch?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Get a hold of Auto World, autoworldmt.com , they may beable to help you out.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Hello, I'm planning to put an 96 5.9 into my 1992 GMC TopKick. Is there any body out there thet manufacturers motor mounts for for this combo or am I gonna have to make them from scratch?
Would you have enough room for the 8.3 motor? That may be a little better for you.

G

·
I would stay with the 5.9 personally. You may have to build your mounts. I'm not sure how auto worlds would fit with the medium duty type frame. I bet you could use the freightliner style if your bell housing has the mounts attatched to it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
They've put them in medium duty trucks before. I would thank Ford and Fruitloops could have used the same mounts at one point cause they are cummins mounts not dodge mounts.

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
My dad has a F650 machinics truck. (6000lb crane, air compressor, welder, and tools) that has a 5.9 in and it has plenty of power. I think that the 5.9 would be fine.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I have seen this done to a older Topkick and he loves it once i get ahold of him I'll ask him everything that is involved but he is in Quam right now so it may be awhile.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update??

I know this thread is old, but any update on this project. I came to this forum looking for some advice on the same deal. I have a 94 topkick motorhome and the 3116 just dont get it. 35 up hills is not fun and my 06 1 ton Cummins duely has no problems. I know the weight of the motorhome is 18,300 and the duely is lighter but come on. I was thinking a 06 is common rail 5.9 would be the trick. Any suggestions??

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts