Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought i would share some pictures of a recent failure we had out at Black Thunder Mine. Threw 1 left and 1 right though the left side. Sucks this engine only had like 1500 hours on it.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Pictures dont work. Try photobucket maybe?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What the heck everything worked a minute ago. Let me see.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Works now. Holy crap that sucks bad!!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Well I see the cause of the problem, its yellow lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's what happens when 2300 HP escapes. I've seen them know the fuel pump off the left bank AND the water pump off the right bank. It's always the same story from the operators, "I didn't hear anything, it just shut off and would not restart":doh: We've had to pull counter weights out of the ground before. If you guys saw the big QSK78 in Diesel Power Magazine, we had to fabricate plates to go over the valve covers because they like to launch the injectors through the valve covers. Still not as bad as when the CAT's come apart, they will try to cut themselves in half.

·
Premium Member
2,953 Posts
i remember hearing that call on the radio. "umm there was a loud bang and my truck shut off, idk know if i need a mechanic or an electrician."

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah that truck is a jinx man. We put the new engine in and it ruptured an oil cooler in the first 24 hours:doh:

·
Premium Member
2,953 Posts
that doesnt surprise me out here. stuff blows up out here all the time for no reason. probably cuz we are hard as hell on everything.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah we always say thunder is the testing grounds.

·
Premium Member
11,949 Posts
Pretty neat. Whats your guy's line of work?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm a field mechanic for cummins here in gillette. That's our shop in the pic's. About 99% of the work i do is out at the coal mines.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts